JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Jeans rant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2718313-jeans-rant.html)

EverydayJoy April 28th, 2014 01:18 PM

Jeans rant
Hey, hope y'all don't mind a little complaining.
I can't seem to find any jeans that fit me since giving birth. I lost some weight, and now my pre-pregnancy jeans are too big on me, but going down a size isn't working, they don't fit right. Seems like every pair I try on are not right...most of them make me look like a muffin top, or if I go up a size they slide off my hips. I feel like I'm going to have to wear some pants that I can pull up to my ribcage to keep the extra skin from flopping over! But nobody makes high-rise jeans anymore...they're all extra-low rise these days. I have spent probably 3 hours jeans hunting and I just wish I could be done! I'm going to try taking in my old jeans and see if I can't make them work. Ugh! I hate jeans-shopping. Actually I haven't bought new jeans in years, so I guess I'm making up for it now.

Boos Moo April 28th, 2014 01:47 PM

Re: Jeans rant
I haven't gone shopping yet since post-pregnancy, but none of my jeans fit right now either. I've lost more weight than I gained pre-pregnancy, but my tummy area is still bloated or something. So my maternity jeans are to big, but my pre-pregnancy jeans are to tight. I hate low rise jeans. With our warm weather (supposed to be close to 100 by mid week) I actually need to go shorts shopping because the only stuff I have now that fits is my yoga pants and it will be to hot for them! I hope you find some cute, nice fitting jeans.

melissalaw April 29th, 2014 08:53 AM

Oh I hate jeans. I can never find any to fit me right and I hate those low rise jeans. I always feel like my butt crack is going to show if I bend over too far. I'm at an ackward stage right now. My maternity jeans are too big but my regular jeans are too small. I can't seem to find anything to wear.

lelila April 29th, 2014 09:25 AM

Right there with you. My jeans slide off my butt (low rise) and my maternity jeans look ridiculous with the crotch hanging down, but I wear them anyway and hike them WAY up.

I need to lose alot more weight since I was overweight to start.

Ame C April 29th, 2014 10:07 AM

Right now I'm just happy I don't have to wear moomoo's out in public and can actually still fit into jeans!!.. Okay maybe a little over dramatic, but I am really struggling with my pp weightloss. I still wear my maternity and "fat" jeans. I haven't tried on my pre-pregnancy clothes because I know there is no way I can squeeze my butt into any of it yet. Soon, soon....

humnck April 29th, 2014 12:30 PM

I only love low rise jeans, but then again, I am short and the high rise sit on my boobs...lmao! I have 3 different sets of jeans, my beginning of pregnancy/after pregnancy larger sizes, my pp jeans for a few months after baby and then my back to pre-pregnancy jeans. I NEVER thought I was going to be able to wear the pre-preg jeans after Addy, but I got back in them and I am going to be sad to see them go :)

EverydayJoy April 30th, 2014 07:57 AM

Thanks for commiserating ladies! I hate trying to find jeans that fit and of course they don't make the styles that used to work for me last time I bought some. They're all skinny jeans now, which make me look like I have chicken legs and a marshmellow top. Boot cut/flare leg is better but they're getting away from those, apparently. Maybe I'll just wear skirts...

humnck April 30th, 2014 09:18 AM

I don't like skinny jeans either. I can only ever find jeans that I like at American Eagle.

Schofield06 April 30th, 2014 12:20 PM

I haven't gone shopping yet either. I have a definite muffin top in my pre-pregnancy jeans, but they fit right around my waist. I think I'm in the same boat here as you are. I don't think a bigger size would fit.