JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   OT - DH Rant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2720260-ot-dh-rant.html)

lelila May 14th, 2014 05:49 AM

OT - DH Rant

DH is usually pretty good about limiting stress and lately he has been stellar. But today he really pissed me off.

Every memorial day weekend we go camping in the mountains. Well, it's a hardship but fun because both of us and DS1 LOVE it and the fishing is great. This year however, I told DH I'm not going, because there's too much to deal with having DS2. DH went ballistic on me. He said I'm worrying over nothing and got really pissed off at me.

Someone PLEASE tell me I'm not worrying over nothing. Here's my list:
-Both boys are in the back seat of the truck with two 50 lb beagles that climb all over the place. We have no way of keeping the dogs from climbing all over the baby.
-The location we go camping is notorious for biting bugs. When we go, we come back with dozens of bug bites on our bodies. I don't want to subject my 8 week old to that.
-We will have to take the pack n play, which DS2 has never slept in for the night. I'm afraid that he will sleep poorly and so will everyone else.
-There is no electricity where we are going. I have no way of pumping, which I'm doing in an effort to keep my milk supply up.
-We have livestock that needs to be looked after, including 12 baby chicks.

On top of all this, I won't be having any fun, when I'll spend the entire time worrying about everything and I certainly won't be fishing since I have an 8 week old to take care of.

Am I crazy?

MelChicago May 14th, 2014 07:06 AM

Re: OT - DH Rant

I don't think you're crazy. I wouldn't want to go either. That said, I think it's valid that DH is disappointed. How exactly did the topic come up? I mean, other than it being a tradition and being just next weekend.

melissalaw May 14th, 2014 07:32 AM

There is no way I would take an 8 week old camping. Your DH is just not being realistic. Camping would not be much fun for you since you would be the one who would be doing most of the care giving for your baby.

If your DH wants to go so badly then I would let him take your older son and your 2 dogs. I also wouldn't want my dogs in the car with my baby. I have started crating my dogs in the car because they have gotten so nuts. Makes it hard to drive when they are in the car.

lelila May 14th, 2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelChicago (Post 28081842)
How exactly did the topic come up? I mean, other than it being a tradition and being just next weekend.

We have to reserve the camping spot at a state park. When DS2 was born, I told him I wasn't going and he agreed. But suddenly, he decided it wasn't a big deal and told me yesterday to make a decision so he could reserve a spot. Today I told him I wasn't going.

Melissa - His original plan was to take DS1 for the night. The dogs stay with me, they are no trouble at home. I told him today to stick to his original plan.

Boos Moo May 14th, 2014 08:54 AM

Yeah that doesn't seem realistic or fun. I wouldn't want to go either and your points are valid. I can understand why he's disappointed, but you could always try later in the year. We're supposed to go away this weekend with some friends and even though it's a hotel I'm seriously wondering if we'll go or not. We'll only have 1 room for DH, DD2, and I (DD1 can bunk with her friends family), so when she gets up in the middle of the night (twice) we won't have another room to take her into so the other can sleep. And if she has a colic episode it won't be pleasant for those in the rooms around us, and to try to walk her around outside will be hard because it should be at least 100 degrees. So yeah, I'm with ya.

humnck May 14th, 2014 09:36 AM

Your DH is nuts...lol! That would not be fun for anyone, especially you and the baby! I hope he comes to his senses.