JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Anxiety about Husband and 3 year old daughter LOL (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2720315-anxiety-about-husband-and-3-year-old-daughter-lol.html)

cortln May 14th, 2014 02:16 PM

Anxiety about Husband and 3 year old daughter LOL

So my daughter is a HUGE daddy's girl, HUGE. I love it but the closer I get to my due date the more anxiety I'm starting to get!

1. My husband is VERY worried about my daughter feeling unloved lol I told him it will be an adjustment for her for sure but she will get over it in no time and will love her baby sister. He's so worried and it's starting to irritate me a little. I mean I'm concerned too but OMG she's not the first little girl in the world to have a sibling come along! (Husband is an only child so I think this might have a little to do with his feelings as well).

2. #1 makes me a little nervous that husband will favor our first born and not help me enough with our 2nd lol He's assured me this is not the case and will love this one just as much and I totally believe him BUT since my daughter is such a daddy's girl I know he will give in to her every emotion and demand! LOL I don't by any means want him to ignore her BUT she will have to get used to having to share mommy and daddy with her new sister.

I'm of course going to try to include her in everything she wants to be included in as far as helping me with the baby.

Is anyone else going through this? Or have you gone through this when your 1st was an only child?

humnck May 14th, 2014 02:25 PM

Re: Anxiety about Husband and 3 year old daughter LOL

My 1st is a total mommy's girl and I was a little worried about her as I got closer to my due date, but we talked about new baby a lot. We talked about what babies need, read a couple of books about it, etc. Now both of my girls are complete mommy's girls and it drives DH nuts, don't get me wrong, they love him, but if we are both around, they want me. Anyways, DD1 was completely fine, she was 3 a couple of months before DD2 was born and she loved her. Wanted to hold her, to help feed her, to play with her. I also made sure to do special things with just her as well. I still try to do this too. They do adjust, they will both be fine (DH and your DD), just let him know that he can do special things with her to make her still feel special and he can do things with both too.

lelila May 15th, 2014 06:04 AM

DS1 loves loves loves his little brother, and he was an only child for 8 years, so we had some worries. But he dotes on him and is always trying to make him laugh, read him stories and kiss him. However, there are moments where he is resentful. Just yesterday at baseball, he complained that he can't hit the ball because I don't practice with him, because I'm always feeding or changing a diaper on his little brother. He started to cry. I felt horrible.

It's a balancing act, no doubt. But with practice, we all manage.

cortln May 15th, 2014 06:45 AM

I think it's starting with my daughter already, she's extra emotional lately and it's making me sad :( I know things will get easier with her, I just hope she adjusts well and quickly!