JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   I must be crazy... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2723505-i-must-crazy.html)

Ame C June 13th, 2014 08:58 PM

I must be crazy...

I suddenly have baby fever, baaaad... HAH!! :blink:

Anyone jumping into ttc again right away?

I'm not going to do anything crazy on impulse. Plus I don't have my cycles back yet. But I'm thinking, in the future, maybe when I get to my goal weight we will start ttc again.

lelila June 14th, 2014 04:59 AM

Re: I must be crazy...

My parents had my four brothers back to back. Each boy is 12 - 18 months apart. So it's doable.

My mom now says that after the 4th boy, she would go into the bathroom, lock the door, bang her head against the wall and scream.

Ame C June 14th, 2014 07:33 AM

I would like Toren to be 2+ years old before we add a little brother or sister to the mix. With the amount of weight that I want to lose, it will take around that long until I'm ready anyways. I can't believe I'm already forgetting how painful pregnancy is... or was for me. I'm hoping once I'm in shape, pregnancy wont be as bad the 3rd time.

I'm woman enough to admit that there's no way I could do 4 kids back to back!! My body is tore-up! And financially it's best we don't go overboard. ;)

Boos Moo June 14th, 2014 08:19 PM

Well I know we won't be having any more. My age and health being the big reasons. My body wouldn't survive another go I'm sure of it. Plus DH had the big V done ;)

momof8lopez June 14th, 2014 10:06 PM

LOL, I just had to comment..I had my last 4 back to back, 10-13mo apart for each of them....and 39+to 42yrs of age......its crazy, nerve racking, but I wouldn't change it for the world. They are SUPER close, and who needs daycare when they have eachother to play with, lol?

Ame C June 14th, 2014 10:42 PM

Aww, you ladies are no fun! ;)
Lori I don't have a clue as to how you did it. Two back to back almost killed me. Well, I'm still alive and fine. It was a hard 9 months though!

EverydayJoy June 15th, 2014 05:44 AM

Wow Leia. I could never do what your mom did. I think I would be doing more than just banging my head on the wall and screaming. Haha!
I have two, and they weren't even back to back, and that is plenty for me!

Amy, I think you're a little crazy. But not too crazy. Haha. I know after Ethan I was like, wow, I am not sure I'm ever going to have another one! It took a year or two, but I did eventually want another. Sounds like your plan to wait a bit is a great plan. It's so much better to have the older one be a little more mobile, and able to do some things for themselves, when you have a newborn in the house. Ethan ended up being just under 4 years old when Kody was born, and wow with how Kody was, I was sure glad I could tell Ethan, go get your sippy out of the fridge, or go get in the cupboard and get yourself a snack, etc. And he was potty trained as well, and sleeping through the night, finally. So all those things made it easier for me.

Ame C June 15th, 2014 11:16 AM

You're absolutely right Joy. It would be wise and much easier on everyone to wait until Toren is more independent. Toren being able to communicate with us would also be helpful. I don't really want to start ttc again until Toren can comprehend what a baby is and that there is one in mommy's belly. I think it would be so precious to have him love and snuggle my baby belly. I highly doubt that would happen if he was only a few months older before I got pg again. There are definitely perks to waiting. Being potty trained like you mentioned Joy, would also be beneficial.

Boos Moo June 15th, 2014 03:28 PM

Well if you wait as long as I did (though it wasn't all by choice, darn body) the older one can cook for not only themselves but you as well ;)

Faith=2xBlessed June 15th, 2014 05:37 PM

Your not crazy!! I'm crazy Bc I've been having baby fever for like two months lol I honestly think I am crazy in the head! What woman in their right mind wants to get pregnant with 6 month old twins? Me that's who haha I keep reminding myself that id like to get some sleep for awhile before having a newborn again :p

Ame C June 15th, 2014 05:58 PM

Lol, what's wrong with us!?! I was pretty anti-pregnancy until what, like 3 days ago?? Hahah ;) Now it pretty much consumes my thoughts throughout the day. Weird how that works. I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's just a hormone shift type deal that will go away in a few weeks/months, or if it's the real deal and if I'm REALLY wanting to do the whole 9 month thing again. Hmmm... we shall see :blush:

Faith=2xBlessed June 16th, 2014 05:11 AM

I know I think about it daily too one big thing that's stopping me is the fact that I want a vbac! I've heard women still get one even with a small gap but I do not want another c section again! I just miss that cuddly time and the excitement of a new baby and just all of that! I also keep thinking about my girls I don't want to jip them if we have a new baby around..it's a good thing my hubby isn't wanting one this soon haha

Ame C June 16th, 2014 06:58 AM

See! Maybe that's part of my issue, the hubby. He's ready! Well, he was in a bit of shock I think once Toren was actually born because he was saying things like "One and done" or "You can barely handle this baby so we don't need anymore." In his defense, Toren was the first baby, let alone newborn, that he had ever been around. I guess he didn't realize how much babies cry right at first... hah! Now he is adjusted to our crazy little family of 3 and ready to start adding more!

I don't want to jip Toren either... le sigh.. :snapoutofit:

humnck June 16th, 2014 09:51 AM

I had the girls a little over 3 years apart, it would've been closer, but I had a loss a few months before getting pg with Addy. The age gap is perfect, I'm a little concerned with the age gap between Addy and this one, but we didn't think it would happen this fast...oops! Reagan was in a big girl bed, potty trained and so excited about baby, she is about this one too and keeps asking when it will come out...lol! Addy doesn't really, truly understand that there is a baby in mommy's belly, I remind her, she kisses the belly and pats it, maybe as time gets closer and my belly gets bigger she will. I am hoping to have her potty trained and in a big girl bed by the time baby comes, but we shall see. At least in a big girl bed.

EverydayJoy June 16th, 2014 09:56 AM

We would have done closer together too, Cary, but I had a loss in between as well. I think Ethan was about 2 1/2 when I had the m/c. I do like the space that Ethan and Kody are apart, but I'm sure we could have worked it out either way. I think it depends a lot on how easy or difficult the newest addition is. Both my boys have been really um...challenging, to say the least, so I was really glad Ethan was older.

melissalaw June 16th, 2014 09:56 AM

No baby fever here. Christian has started getting up every 2 hours again so I'm exhausted plus I just couldn't handle more than 3. Unless we have an accident we are very much done.

All of my boys are close in age though and I love having them that close so I do agree about not waiting too long.

Ame C June 16th, 2014 12:16 PM

I'm curious. At what age do you ladies think a child would for sure understand that there is a baby in mommy's belly?

melissalaw June 16th, 2014 01:05 PM

I was pregnant with Jacob when Jackson was 2 1/2 and he didn't understand but when I was pregnant with Christian, Jackson was 4 and he did understand so I think somewhere between the age of 3 and 4.

EverydayJoy June 16th, 2014 01:07 PM

I agree with Melissa...3 1/2 probably would be a good age.

Ame C June 16th, 2014 01:19 PM

Dammn.. I was thinking 2.5 <_< lol