JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   For those of you who (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/274966-for-those-you-who.html)

Christy94 August 8th, 2006 05:29 PM

I was wondering how far along were ya'll in your pregnancy when you stopped taking progesterone. I am currently on the suppositories. I have read that the placenta takes over around week 12. I am just terrified that my doctor might want to take me off too early so I want to get some feedback from ya'll. Thank you!

DoNiSe August 8th, 2006 05:51 PM

I will be 11 weeks on Friday
I am still on it ( have been on it since 4 weeks along)
I think I gotta another 2 weeks or so on it.... ( I am on prometrium tablets)

good luck

tracybeers August 8th, 2006 06:33 PM

my dr is taking me off at 13 weeks so we have one week that overlaps. i asked her does the placenta ever not take over and she said no. i don't know if i phrased that right or not, but hopefully you got my drift. i have 4 weeks to go.

are you getting the weekly bloodwork? they would see at your 12 week bloodwork that the placenta has taken over because your numbers should really go up then. at least that is what i think would happen.

MJONES August 8th, 2006 07:07 PM

I think it was around 14wks.

Christy94 August 9th, 2006 04:13 AM

Thanks girls! At one point, my doctor mentioned 10 weeks but I think that is entirely too early. I am just going to insist on being on them longer. I don't want to take any risks, you know?

auntmeme August 9th, 2006 04:23 AM

I went off at 12 weeks (I was taking the tablets). My dr told me that the placenta takes over anywhere from 9-13 weeks.

I was A LOT scared to just stop taking them. But, I am not 19 weeks along and everything seems to be going well.

Good Luck!!!

Amy

he910 August 9th, 2006 05:36 AM

I was on the suppositories and my dr said to go off them at 12 weeks - I stayed on them until 13 just for my peace of mind!

chelle August 9th, 2006 06:42 AM

Hi Ladies

This is a little off topic, but I just discovered I am pregnant after months of trying after our miscarriage.

Why did you start progestrone? Would it hurt to go on it if you did not need it? I will do anything to help this lil bean stick!

Thanks!

nmacjames August 9th, 2006 09:40 AM

I was on the suppositories until 12 wks. I am now 32 wks pg and everything has been fine! Good Luck,

Lisa771 August 9th, 2006 10:02 AM

Yeah I want to ask my doctor if I can take progesterone too...Do they test you for low progesterone first before they give it to you??

Christy94 August 9th, 2006 11:20 AM

I had a m/c last cycle due to low progesterone so the next cycle that we were trying they put me on Progesterone suppositories. If they do bloodwork the will be able to tell if it is ok or not

nmbatey August 9th, 2006 12:50 PM

I was on Prometrium (100mg 2x/dy) for until I was 13 weeks - I tapered off with one a day for a week and then one every other day for a wekk because my dr wanted to prevent any chance of bleeding by stopping cold turkey...

naybutterfly1 August 10th, 2006 04:58 AM

I just stopped my suppositories at 14 weeks

*~Candy~* August 10th, 2006 02:44 PM

I was taken off of them around 14 weeks as well.

1234rachael August 12th, 2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

I had a m/c last cycle due to low progesterone so the next cycle that we were trying they put me on Progesterone suppositories. If they do bloodwork the will be able to tell if it is ok or not[/b]

Yes, they should be able to tell w/blood work- they look at the levels

Quote:

I was wondering how far along were ya'll in your pregnancy when you stopped taking progesterone. I am currently on the suppositories. I have read that the placenta takes over around week 12. I am just terrified that my doctor might want to take me off too early so I want to get some feedback from ya'll. Thank you![/b]
'

I thought I'd add, for me it was 10week, but I kept it up for another week just for piece of mind. I don't know if their is any side effects? I think if your body dosen't need it, it just goes out? Good luck!!! But yes the placenta dose take over I am not exactly sure when but its probably in between the 9-12week mark

labs454 August 12th, 2006 09:45 PM

ok, i took the kind you insert and well, it was a mess. My doctor told me after 12 weeks I did not have to take it any more. I had tears in my eyes. You have made it this far and u just want to keep using it till the very end. My dr. must have known what i was thinking and rubbed my leg and said it was ok. I know everyone has a hard time quiting. She said that i could take it for a long as i felt comfortable, which was 13-1/2 weeks. We now have a healthy 3-1/2 mn old baby boy after 2 m/c. we never thought we would have one. Thank god for the meds

4iris August 15th, 2006 09:07 AM

Doc's about to start me on the inserts as precautionary until my labs come back. Thanks for everyone's input and to Christy for asking this question! I'm feeling a lot better about using them after reading all your responses.

Christy94 August 15th, 2006 04:46 PM

The suppositiories I believe have been my saving grace with this pregnancy! They are very yucky and messy but well worth it if it keeps me pregnant! Good luck with the suppositories!!! :dothugs: