JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   B.H. Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/280594-b-h-question.html)

Prudence August 15th, 2006 09:20 AM

I know ther has probably been a million questions about this but....

I am 33 weeks pregnant right now, the past week and a half I have been having serious B.H. Strong ones at that, and sometimes with pressure. They do tend to go away when I sit and relax.

My question is.. would I have to be worried about dialating already? Is this something to be concerned about. What would be the % of me having an early labor?

If anyone knows it would be helpful thankyou.

Boxerlove1 August 15th, 2006 10:19 AM

From what I;ve read, if they go away when you lay down it's prolly just regular BH. But they can alter the cervix. Its all so confusing b/c it seems like it could go either way.

When is your next appointment? You can have the doc check your cervix then

hopin4a4rth August 15th, 2006 10:21 AM

I was always dialated at about 34 or 35 weeks anyway. Definitely mention them to your Dr. The things to look for are consistency (are they 5 mins apart for more than an hour?) and increasing intensity. If either of those start happening, I'd call. If neither of them are, then I probably wouldn't worry and just tell my Dr at my next appt.

Ethans_Mommy August 15th, 2006 09:06 PM

BH's put me into labor at 29 weeks with Ethan and had me dialted 4cm by 35 weeks with Leah. They say they are "false" labor, but sometimes there is nothing fake about 'em. I would get checked by your dr, but in the meantime, take it easy in case you are put on bedrest. Better to be safe than sorry!

*~Candy~* August 16th, 2006 07:12 AM

I started BH's around 23 weeks and soon after was put on bedrest due to them changing my cervix, I was dilated right around 29 weeks, I will be off bedrest in just a few days but I would make sure you tell your dr. because it can change your cervix in the meantime. Take care and try to rest as much as you can

Prudence August 18th, 2006 11:29 AM

Thanks girls,
I had a doctors appointment. It was not with my regular, I had to visit with the other Drs. incase they end up delivering.
I wasn't concerned with the BH until my friend had meantion she ignored them and it turned out she had dialated 6cm. So thats when I became concerened.
I did tell the Dr. that I was having them and that they were strong but would evetually go away when I sat and relaxed. She didn't seem to care very much. I have my internal in 2 weeks now anyways, so guess I will try and take it easy. Just hard to do at work is all. Thank you for the examples, we will see what happens.