JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   SOMEONE IS GETTING CLOSE!!!!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/280884-someone-getting-close.html)

1234rachael August 15th, 2006 01:37 PM

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Went to the doc's today!! And I only gained a pound from last week thank god, I thought I was up 9 pounds, I must of read the scale wrong last night.

I tested positive for the strep b thing, which scares me, because he said as soon as your water breaks, you need to get to the hospital. What if I am like an hour away??? I don't know how quickly after your water breaks that things will progress & Will I know when it breaks?? HOw will I know Is it obvious??

Well the other good news is that last week I was 0 dilated and 0 affaced? I don't know how to spell that word but you girls know what I mean.

Well, today I am 2cm's :D :D :D and 75%!!!! :P :P

Iam so excited now he did explain to me that I could be this way for a week or 2 or I could have the baby soon?? I wounder how quickly it really goes, Iknow everyone is different, I just wish their was a rule

My shower is Thursday :o :o I hope things just wait until after then!!

Good luck to all of you who are getting close

Rachael

Does anyone know how quickly things go??

Prudence August 15th, 2006 03:08 PM

It really accually depends on the person. I remember feeling the same as you. I wish they could just say hey you have such and such time but they can't.

I was pregnant with a girl who was dialating, I was effacing. My water ended up breaking. I had the baby before her, our EDD was 2 days apart. I went 11 days early. It really does stink because you still never know how long it will take. My cousin was dialated from her first pelvic exam and she still went 2 weeks over and had an induction. But on another note you could go anytime.

I would say yes, you will know when your water breaks whether it is a lot or a little you will know the difference. Good luck, take it easy, and happy baby coming time!!!

he910 August 15th, 2006 04:25 PM

OMG!!!! I can't believe he is close to making his appearance into this world!!!! I'm so happy that he's getting ready! Obviously I don't know any of the answers to your question being that I'll be asking them myself in a few months but I'm sure you'll have enough time to get to the hospital and I believe its pretty obvious when your water breaks (but then again all I know is what I see on TV haha) But I know everything is going to be just fine!!!! Now if only you and Joe could agree on a name - you better start brainstorming! I got your email and will drop you one back in the morning when I get to work!!!!!

Ethans_Mommy August 15th, 2006 09:02 PM

Thats great news! And I wouldnt worry about the strep thing- a lot of people have it, and I heard as long as you get the meds before the baby comes you will be fine.

And it is so exciting when you feel like there is progress in there! 2cm, that is great! I remember when my dr checked me for the first time at 35 weeks and I was 4cm and 90% effaced- I was like, WHOA! ...but then Leah decided she wanted to hang out for 3 more weeks, which was fine by me! SO yep, you never know when you'll go. I was a 7 when I went to the hospital, and the nurses were surprised when my water wasnt broken, but its true, everyone is different!

Good luck Rachael, I am so excited for you!

Ps. How about the name Stephan for a boy? :P

hopin4a4rth August 16th, 2006 06:04 AM

It does depend on the person and even on the pregnancy. I was at 3 cm for 3 weeks w/ DD... moved to 4 for another week... ugh. And w/ Erich I was dialated to 2 cm & 50% effaced at 31 weeks. So it just depends;.. hope it does go quickly foryou though!! Just think... only 8 cm more to go! Yay!

4iris August 16th, 2006 08:11 AM

My water broke 3 weeks early with DS and I was <1cm dilated (nurse said she'd be "generous" and give me 1) and 0% effaced. I held my son 14.5 hours later, with a little help from pitocin when we got stuck around 4 cm.

beck12 August 16th, 2006 01:39 PM

I am soooo excited for you hun! I can't wait to see some pics of that beautiful baby!

soontobemommyto3 August 16th, 2006 05:25 PM

my first my water broke before labor started and I had her in 9 hours. This last one my water also broke (this was my 4th delivery and you are expected to go fast with multiple deliveries) and it took 4 hours. So don't worry. You won't deliver in an hour or anything.

Ethans_Mommy August 17th, 2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

my first my water broke before labor started and I had her in 9 hours. This last one my water also broke (this was my 4th delivery and you are expected to go fast with multiple deliveries) and it took 4 hours. So don't worry. You won't deliver in an hour or anything.[/b]
With my first (Ethan) I delivered 45 minutes after my water broke! Thats why I was begging my nurse this last time to just break my water because I knew I would go fast as soon as it would break! But thats how everyone in my family is- we could labor for hours but until our water is broken, nothing really happens.