JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   My 1st u/s was today... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/284234-my-1st-u-s-today.html)

beck12 August 18th, 2006 04:54 PM

It went great. I will scan the pics later to share. 1 baby - HB of 155...and even a little wiggling.. It is my 1st official good u/s. I watched the screen like the way a child watches a horror movie..hands over my eyes, with my fingers split just far enough to peek thru. It seemed like she spent FOREVER looking at my ovaries & uterus first...and then I saw it - a little flutter on the screen & immediately went to sobbing. :cry: I think I scared the techs. I cried all the way through it. The tech running the machine was soooo nice, she even flipped it over & did a 4-D u/s. The printed pics aren't great - because the baby is sooooo small on the picture, but on the screen she got so close up & it's amazing what you can see even this early. The regular u/s pics are actually a little clearer - although also tiny. The baby measures 1.37 CM crown/rump length & they said I am due April 1st according to that as well, which I KNOW should be off because we didn't even have sex for 12 days over "O" time....so it should be a littel one way or the other - but no matter - as long as everything looks good - I am elated. When we left & were walking down the hallway together Joel grabbed my hand gave me a huge smile & jumped up in the air & clicked his heels. It was adorable & ridiculous all at once. After we talked about how we realize we aren't even a quarter of the way there yet - but at least we truly, absolutely, have HOPE....which is a hard thing to conjure up in two very hurt hearts...(and now we have 3 hearts...it's was AMAZING to hear that today). :wub:

I am sorry to gush - but today has been so awesome - better than any day I have had in a very long time. :inlove:

mrs_catty_marie August 18th, 2006 04:59 PM

CONGRATS!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

Nancy August 18th, 2006 05:24 PM

I am so very happy for you! You have been through so much you deserve this more than you know. :)

DoNiSe August 18th, 2006 06:10 PM

I am so happy for you
congrats and the great news

HappytoBe August 18th, 2006 06:21 PM

I know I already replied over on the April DDC board, but I can't help it - I wanted to congratulate you over here, too. It is so inspiring to see someone who has experienced loss get to see the heartbeat of their baby - you give me hope!!! This is truly such wonderful news!!!

Amy :lol:

Kiwi*Mummie*of*4 August 19th, 2006 02:14 AM

Awwww I am so happy for you I am so glad the ultrasound went well.

4iris August 19th, 2006 09:01 AM

Woohoo!! Another chance to give you cheerleaders! I'm so truly excited for you. My heart grows every time I read your post.

:bluecheer: :yellowcheer: :cheer: :bluecheer: :yellowcheer: :cheer: :bluecheer: :yellowcheer: :cheer: :bluecheer: :yellowcheer: :cheer: :bluecheer: :yellowcheer: :cheer: :bluecheer: :yellowcheer: :cheer:

Ethans_Mommy August 19th, 2006 12:53 PM

I cant even tell y ou how happy I am for you! You deserve it, that is for sure! Congrats on such a great u/s- what great news!

Just_Marie August 19th, 2006 08:01 PM

Congratulations on a great ultrasound!!! I am so happy for you two!!
Marie

auntmeme August 21st, 2006 06:11 AM

Congratulations Beckie!!! I am crying right now after hearing your news. I am so happy for you!!! You and Joel deserve this so much!!!

I remember when we went in at 7w with this baby and how scared we were. Seeing the hb is the best thing in the world. I had the same reaction that you did. DH was crying too!!! We were both all smiles after. Couldn't stop us for nothing!!!

Congratulations again!!! Please keep us posted on your progress!!!

Amy

Ann_momof2 August 21st, 2006 07:00 AM

THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!!! CONGRATS!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Katlynsmommy August 21st, 2006 07:47 AM

Congrats hon! arent the 4d u/s great! i get them everytime

nmacjames August 21st, 2006 01:20 PM

Beck, this is the first post I read from you about being pg. I am SOOOOO happy to hear that you are pg! You def deserve this happy time. I pray that you have a healthy pg from here on out! :dust: :dust:

PS CONGRATS on the awesome u/s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

he910 August 21st, 2006 01:25 PM

Oh Beck!!!!! I'm so happy for you - its been so long since we've spoken but I often pop into the Recurrent M/C board to check in on you (ok lurk on you!!) and this made my day to see you're pregnant!!!!! I'm so glad to hear the u/s went well and you got to see that little hb and baby! I know how happy you guys must be and I have a good feeling about this time for you guys!!! I can't wait to hear more!

margo1973 August 21st, 2006 01:35 PM

Beckie, I am so happy to see you here. That's such wonderful news! I hope with all my heart that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy this time.

iamkc August 21st, 2006 02:11 PM

Sobbing mess I am...again. BECKIE!!!! CONGRATS!!!

(And even some wiggling! You lucky girl!)

You deserve this, you know it. I'm so glad that it went even better than expected. :wub:

Rysmommy1011 August 21st, 2006 02:30 PM

I just wanted to say, I am so happy for you!!! :cheer: I spent some time at the pregnacy loss board back in Feb. and remember you and your story well from there. I am also pregnant again (due March 1st). I will keep you in my prayers!!!

JenMK4678 August 21st, 2006 05:39 PM

Congratulations on seeing your baby! I love seeing them on the U/S's..

Jenn

koakoba August 22nd, 2006 03:53 AM

That is wonderful to hear.. I think I scared my tech the first time I heard the h/b too. She cried with me. Doesn't hope just feel great?

HopeToBeAMom August 25th, 2006 11:59 AM

Bless you and your little bean! I'm so happy for you!