JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   first post here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/285218-first-post-here.html)

danielle79 August 20th, 2006 07:01 AM

Its my first post in here and I am having some concerns about my current preg and looking for some guidence. A quick run down of whats been happening. I will be 5weeks preg tommorow. On Wednesday I started spotting brown blood. This continued up untill yesterday and today I havnt spotted at all. It was brown blood and only sometimes when I wiped. Anyways, this bits what I'm really worried about. Since Wednesday I have had alot of aching in my lower back and pelvic area. Not quite enough to be a cramp though. I feels like that ache that comes with af. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to hear your response whether its good or bad.

DoNiSe August 20th, 2006 07:24 AM

1st of all welcome and congrats on your pregnancy

I never had any bleeding but what I have heard is that brown blood is ok.
I did have the same feeling cramps and pains as you did my 1st few weeks. so I think you should be fine.

If it gets any worse i would not take any chances go your doctor or er just to get checked out. and for peace of mind.

Good luck with everything

Kiwi*Mummie*of*4 August 20th, 2006 04:20 PM

The pains you are feeling could be the uterus growing when I got pregnant with my son for the first few weeks I thought AF was on her way but it was growing pains. Brown blood is fine. If you are worried call the doc. CONGRATS ON YOUR BFP

Ethans_Mommy August 20th, 2006 05:20 PM

I had exactly what you described, and the spotting turned streaky red too and the aches became more like cramps- even though i didnt want to admit that. this went on for the first 12 weeks. i wrote on here several times that i thought it was over, but it wasnt. i just had my baby 2 weeks ago!

DaleT August 21st, 2006 03:17 AM

Quote:

Brown blood is fine.[/b]
Unfortunately that is not true !!!!!!

I was 7w4d in March 2006 when I started spotting (brown blood and only when I wiped)....I went to the doc and the baby and hb were fine....although he said it hasn't grown much within the past week....

At 8w2d the spotting stopped and at 8w4d the doc told me that the baby has dies about 2-4 days ago...... :frown:

I never spotted red blood and everyone assured me it is fine, because brown blood is old blood......

Well it wasn't true for me :confused: ....

Anyway......I would tell you.....take Magnesium in higher dose (if you get the runs it's too much).....rest as much as possible and go see your doc.

That it has ended badly for me, doesn't mean that it will for you !!!!!!!!!

It can also be that a blood vessel has burst, or that it has a different harmless reason....

I wish you best of luck :wub: !!!!!!!

:dothug:

Ethans_Mommy August 21st, 2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Brown blood is fine.[/b]
Unfortunately that is not true !!!!!!

[/b]
She is right- while many people think brown blood is ok, brown blood was the only sign of a mc that I had- no cramping or nothing.

I had no spotting or cramping with Ethan, then brown spotting with my mc, so with Leah as soon as I saw brown blood, then red blood and cramping, I thought it was over- but that time it wasnt.

So while brown blood can be normal, it can also be scary.

hopin4a4rth August 22nd, 2006 10:24 AM

(((hugs)))

Some women bleed around the time AF is due... even cramp a bit and that can be normal.

I've bled w/ a lot of my pregnancies, but usually a little later like 7-12 weeks.

I hope everthing is ok. ((hugs))

beck12 August 22nd, 2006 09:57 PM

Hun - sorry I didn't catch this question earlier. I spotted brown before 2 of my mc's...and I spotted twice during this pg early on...and I had the aching you're talking about. It has eased up considerably & no more spotting since. the bad part is - bad things can happen with & without any spotting, with or without cramps, etc. Do your best to try & keep that all in mind. Many women have bleeding & cramping & don't mc & many women have no symptoms until they go to an u/s & see the baby has passed. :(

I know you want some absolute reassurance, I do too! I just don't think we are probably ever going to fully trust anything until that baby is in our arms. :confused:

koakoba August 23rd, 2006 01:51 AM

See, I'm no help really, I've had both ways, brown bad, and brown nothing. This pregnancy, I spotted up until 14 weeks, mostly brown, sometimes pink, a few times red. After being poked at more then I will ever care to remember, the decided I just have a sensitive cervix. I don't know how much was behind that, if they really knew, or just really wanted to give me some kind of answer. I don't know. With my m/c, I spotted brown and they said I was fine. A week latter, they realized my little angel wasn't growing anymore.

The cramps though, feeling like AF, I had that with both, and was told it's just the uterus stretching. My cramps from my m/c were like waves of fire and hurt really really bad. I don't know how "normal" any of my situation is, but thought I'd share it anyway.
This is such a stressful time, I wish I had words to make it easier, but I don't.