JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Anyone still temp after BFP? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/285250-anyone-still-temp-after-bfp.html)

HappytoBe August 20th, 2006 07:36 AM

Hi Ladies - I'm new to this board - 2 early m/c since May and 5w along tomorrow - so VERY nervous. I'm kind of looking for anything that will either differentiate this pregnany or signal another oncoming m/c. So, here's my question. I temped while we ttc'd and told myself once we got pregnant again I would stop temping as soon as I got my bfp. Of course, I'm a bit addicted to temping and so I have not. I'm 20 dpo today and am still temping - I was planning to stop tomorrow, but this morning my temp took a bit of a dive (it has been pretty steady between 98.2-98.4) to 97.7. My typical day before my period starts is 97.7 and then it usually drops to 97.2 the day my period starts.

I'm trying not to freak out - I've heard that temps can sometimes fluctuate while you're pregnant, so I'm wondering if any of your have experienced a temp dip and still went on to have a healthy pregnancy (or heard of this happening) - or whether you all did what you were supposed to and stopped temping once you got your bfp? Just curious...

Thanks!
Amy

wclark602002 August 20th, 2006 01:21 PM

i didnt temp after BFP just wanted to let you know youre in my prayers that all is well..HUGS to you!!

petersgirl August 20th, 2006 01:24 PM

I took my temp for a few weeks after my BFP. On thing I did do was to switch to vaginal temping. I know it sounds yucky, but I found there were a lot less dives that made my heart drop temping vaginally.
Just so you know, for my miscarriage, my temps were very steady and with this pregnancy, my temps were pretty much all over the place, so I think after a while, temps don't matter as much.
Good luck!
Marina

Kiwi*Mummie*of*4 August 20th, 2006 01:57 PM

I kept on temping for a few weeks after I got my BFP and my highest temp was 36.8 and lowest was 36.1 so far everything is going well in this pregnancy.

margo1973 August 21st, 2006 12:49 PM

I continued taking my temps after my BFP and I would recommend against it. My temperature dropped for a few days and I was completely freaked out for no reason at all. I posted about it in the November DDC at the time. Don't worry if your temps went down a bit. I think your temperature flactuates when you are pregnant.

nicole21 August 24th, 2006 12:13 AM

For the past couple weeks my temp has been between 36.9 and 37.5 I have 2 positive pregnancy tests but I did have a miscarriage July 2nd. Does this kinda mean anything, sorry for asking my question in ur topic.