JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Am I the only one?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/337705-am-i-only-one.html)

tdjjjjf October 14th, 2006 05:26 PM

Everytime I use the RR I check the tp and keep expecting to find AF or blood. I am trying so hard not to obsess about this. I have to go pee and then I think oh I feel alittle wet I must be bleeding and I run and check!! I must be a nut case!! How do I overcome this?

Donna

lizard October 14th, 2006 05:50 PM

You aren't the only one. I still check every time that I use the RR and the one or two times that I haven't checked, I've worried that I was missing the first signs of a m/c. All you can do is take it one day at a time and maybe it will get better with time.

srs October 14th, 2006 07:08 PM

This may or may not help you, but I have had spotting off and on my entire pg, so I check all the time too. However, at this point I'm proof that if you do see a little blood, it may not mean everything is over. I don't know what to tell you about feeling the need to check all the time - you may start to feel better as you get further along, or you may want to keep checking the whole pg. EIther way, its okay. Whatever helps you make it through the day. :dothug:

Nancy October 14th, 2006 08:36 PM

I still check and in the beginning I would go to the RR just to check. I think it is part of being pg after a loss.

wclark602002 October 14th, 2006 09:38 PM

im still guilty of this :( i havent stopped yet so im guessin its gonna go this way the whole time.

Kiwi*Mummie*of*4 October 15th, 2006 12:16 AM

Your not the only one I still do that.

beck12 October 15th, 2006 01:11 PM

Shoot - I wore a pad for hte longest time (until it caused an irritation & the Dr said I should stop :blush: ). I have times that are better - but as of right now - I still check too. Wish I didn't feel compelled to - but not sure what I can do to feel better - so I say it's pretty harmless as far as obsessions go.

MomE212 October 15th, 2006 01:33 PM

I think all of us have been there. I still catch myself doing that and I am 21 weeks.

ypperin October 18th, 2006 05:54 AM

I check every time myself, and I don't think it's going to stop..... just something that I have learned to accept with this pg :D

Brittanie October 18th, 2006 11:38 PM

You know, I've always checked the TP, pretty much from the time I started puberty and "stuff" started happening down ther! It's a habit for me! So I do, although I'm not all that nervous.

tabitwhe October 19th, 2006 07:53 PM

I am 12 weeks now and have not had any spotting. With Alex i did several times. I always check the TP! and If I accidently drop it without thinking I so it again making sure I dont see any signs. I promise you are not the only one and you are not nuts. :D I thought I was but now i know (thanks to you)

iamkc October 19th, 2006 08:08 PM

Hell, I'm so used to it, I'm 6 weeks past birth and I still do it. Hehe. I was so lacking in sleep right at birth that I actually came to DH crying when more of my mucus plug came out. I managed to sob out, "I think it's happening again." I woke up every day of my last trimester thinking that I was getting my period...until I realized that I was pregnant. Even now, with him safely home with me, I STILL panic that I'm miscarrying. Hmph.

It's perfectly normal to keep checking when you've had it happen before. We could all tell you to relax and not worry, but we also all know darn well that you'll just keep doing it right 'til the end!!! :P

Ann_momof2 October 23rd, 2006 06:44 PM

I still check every time I use the washroom, and did end up with some spotting that ended up being nothing.

petersgirl October 24th, 2006 02:29 PM

I have relented to the fact that I will check the tp until I have given birth. And even then, I think I've developed such a habit, I'll probably still do it then, lol. Old habits die hard. Whatever gets you through the day!

srs October 24th, 2006 05:22 PM

What's crazy for me is that I have had a fair bit of spotting, at least once every few weeks, so when I check the TP, it's like, "Well, yup... there it is... more spotting." So I still check, but even if I see something it doesn't mean anything's wrong.

DoNiSe October 25th, 2006 05:36 PM

yep I agree with you all I am sure I will still be checking it till BIRTH DAY

ojosmom October 26th, 2006 10:14 AM

You are perfectly normal to feel this way.
I started checking yesterday. It was about this time, last pg that I started seeing pink.
I was thinking yesterday that I feel the same as I did w/Macy and we lost her. Not a good sign, but so far today, I feel better.