JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   home doppler question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/340796-home-doppler-question.html)

srs October 17th, 2006 08:21 PM

Does anyone know how often it is safe to use a home doppler? I can't find anything in the book that came with it, which makes me think it's okay, but I just wondered if anyone else knew. I've been using mine maybe once every 3-4 days, which is about how long I can go without freaking out about something. :blush:

HappytoBe October 17th, 2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know how often it is safe to use a home doppler? I can't find anything in the book that came with it, which makes me think it's okay, but I just wondered if anyone else knew. I've been using mine maybe once every 3-4 days, which is about how long I can go without freaking out about something. :blush:[/b]
From the research I did, frequent use is fine - home use has been approved for all but "continual" use - but it's debatable what exactly constitutes continuous use. I'd been using mine every day up until this week and am now doing every other day - and hope to move to twice a week next week and then weekly after that. But I asked my doctor if there was a problem doing it daily, and she said no - that's totally fine. So you're probably ok!

he910 October 18th, 2006 05:15 AM

When I first got mine around 12 weeks I used it everyday - it was the only thing that kept me sane. Then I started to switch to every other day and once the baby began moving I honestly haven't used it at all but I still haven't returned it because it gives me reassurance. From everything I read and heard there is no harm from it - I would put it on for a minute, find the hb and off it went, its not like I kept it on for hours.

margo1973 October 18th, 2006 09:58 AM

As far as I know they are safe. Mine kept me sane until I started feeling the baby move. At first I used it daily, then weekly and then I finally returned it. I told my doctor when I got it and she seemed to have no issues with it.

srs October 18th, 2006 03:55 PM

Cool. Thanks. I'm really looking forward to feeling movement!

wclark602002 October 18th, 2006 08:03 PM

i was told that if it gave me peace of mind to use it daily..which is good because i was...lol..now i just use it if shes bein lazy but id say up until i was about 22 weeks it was an everyday event :P

petersgirl October 24th, 2006 02:36 PM

I think the relief we get from the dopplar will far outweigh any dangers. My doctor said that everyday was ok, and as long as when you find the heartbeat you listen and then leave. Since the baby started moving I haven't used it very much, but on days that the baby doesn't move, I still take it out just to check.
I think you are fine, but ask your doctor if you are concerned.

Marina