JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   The "good" I would have never thought of... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/350401-good-i-would-have-never-thought.html)

koakoba October 26th, 2006 06:02 PM

I have to share this, only you girls would understand...

I don't know what you'd call it - "the good side" seems wrong, but I've noticed a bit of a different attitude in myself.

Now that a lot of the girls have had their babies, everyone is talking about the common post preggo things - streatch marks, weight loss, mushy bellies.... and I just don't care about any of it. I have a beautiful little girl and she's healthy.

I have purple and red stripes all over my belly - my belly that still looks 6 months preggo.
I have no idea what I weigh, told my doctor I don't care and don't want to know.
My guts seem to be made of jello.
I'm a typical "post baby" reck, and I don't care!!! I look at her and I would give up 3,000 times what being pregnant has "done" to my body to have her.
I see this as a good thing. I'm not stressed, sure most things will fall back into place with time. I'm just not all that conserned about it. After the years of hurt and pain and empty arms... these things just don't matter to me.

So maybe I couldn't share the carefree joy of pregnancy with most, but I get to skip the worry-wort "will I ever be the same again" part of it. :smile:

christina7777 October 26th, 2006 07:35 PM

I am so happy for you. You have brought tears to my eyes. I was just posting about having a negative attitutude after my m/c and you have so put things into perspective! I wish all the happiness with your beautiful baby girl. Take Care.

srs October 26th, 2006 08:09 PM

That sounds like a great thing to look forward to...

iamkc October 27th, 2006 02:13 AM

Same here. I have been telling DH this all along. It seems strange to see others posting about all that stuff, even though I totally understand it. I just don't care. I have what I wanted, and that mushy belly happens to be proof of that, part of that, and I would do it all over times an infinite amount to have him again. I feel a bit guilty that I can't participate in some of the PP stuff. Women come up to me and ask, conspiratorially, "Aren't you glad that breastfeeding takes off the belly faster?" "Good thing the stretch marks lighten, huh?" and say, "It takes 9 months to put it on, count on at least that much to take it off." I don't care. I will eat healthfully and be as active as I can, but my main priority isn't fitting into pre-pregnancy clothing or being able to show off a naked belly...ever. Hehe. My husband is even great about it. I think that I apologized half-heartedly about my stretch marks. His reply: "They're like his footprints on the outside...I'll be sad if they go." :wub:

ojosmom October 27th, 2006 07:41 AM

Good for you. That is really sweet and I am glad you can put that kind of perspective on your little miracle.

As I sit here SO sick and shaky and unable to do anything, I know that this is all for the best and if I have to go through this for the miracle God has blessed me with, then I will get through it.

You can care about the mom gut when you put the baby in preschool and have some extra time to spare. And if you don't want to, then just buy bigger pants. lol

4iris October 27th, 2006 08:00 AM

That's a great perspective.

Brittanie October 27th, 2006 09:05 AM

I was upset about my mushy belly and stretchmarks last time...you know...when I didn't have a baby to bring hom and that's all that I had.

But your perspective is beautiful. If I get to bring this one home, I don't care what happens to my body!

koakoba October 28th, 2006 06:19 AM

Oh I pray for all you girls. I can't wait until you are all not worried about your body with me!!! This 2 weeks has been the first 2 weeks in 6 years I have felt I can really breath. I want to get an angel for Ella's room to be from her sibling.