JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   slightly crampy and brown cm (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/350964-slightly-crampy-and-brown-cm.html)

Brittanie October 27th, 2006 08:28 AM

Okay, so I haven't been worried at all for the past few weeks, but the moment I started "staining" I freaked out. I cried on my husband for about 15 minutes last night.

I'm not really crampy this morning, but last night at work I was, but I've still got brown cm this morning.

Should I call my doctor?

koakoba October 27th, 2006 08:58 AM

I always say call, it's what we pay them for. I had spotting every few days up to 14 weeks. I called EVERY time. They knew my voice :blush:
It can be any number of things, although we always think the worst, so it's best just to call and let them know whats going on... have you DTD in the past 72 hours? The doc will probably ask you that, it can cause spotting. Also drink water till you want to puke. Being dehydrated will make your body try to push baby out.
HTH and keep us updated.

HUGS, I know how stressful spotting is, hang in there.

Brittanie October 27th, 2006 09:07 AM

Yes, DH and I BD'd yesterday morning. And I'll drink some water. I still think I'm going to wait for a bit before calling...a few hours anyway.

Thanks for giving me those tips!

Daniellea22 October 27th, 2006 10:38 AM

im sure everything is just fine but i know how scarey it can be :dothug: did you call the dr.?

Ethans_Mommy October 27th, 2006 11:18 AM

Definately call, if for nothing else but peace of mind.
Brown spotting without even cramping was the only sign I had of my m/c- and even then it was only really noticeable after sex.
But I had brown that turned streaky pink and then to bright red spotting with my last pregnancy and even had definate af cramps so I thought I was doomed, but everything was fine!
Cramping and spotting is scary, but can be normal.

margo1973 October 27th, 2006 11:54 AM

Definitely call if you haven't already. It's probably just a sensitive cervix and BD but staining was the only sign of my missed mc so I am probably paranoid.

Brittanie October 27th, 2006 11:55 AM

It seems to have stopped for now. I haven't called my Dr, just because I didn't want to hear "spotting in early pregnancy is normal, call us back if you start having cramps or if it turns pink or red..."

Bleh. But I'm feeling a little bit better now. I'm going to be taking it SUPER easy at work. Ugh, I'd call in if I didn't really need the money.

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance ladies!

4iris October 27th, 2006 12:12 PM

:dothug: , Brittanie! Definitely take it easy at work. I know that's easier said than done. Glad the spotting has stopped. I'm sure your doctor's office would be more supportive than that, given your history. It's always better to call for something that seems minor than to not call and have it become something major. They're used to it and will understand.

margo1973 October 27th, 2006 12:19 PM

I am glad the spotting has stopped.

baner October 27th, 2006 01:54 PM

I am glad the spotting stopped, but I wanted to share with you that I was crampy/achey feeling for at least 7 weeks. Also, after DH and I DTD I had PINK spotting, I thought the end was near, but it was because we had "relations" :P (my doc says "relations" makes me laugh, anyway) the night before and it stopped right away after a few wipes and everything still seems to be fine for us. Even now I get a little crampy/achey, the doc said it was from the growing.

Let us know how things are going!!

Ethans_Mommy October 27th, 2006 05:06 PM

Quote:

I am glad the spotting stopped, but I wanted to share with you that I was crampy/achey feeling for at least 7 weeks. Also, after DH and I DTD I had PINK spotting, I thought the end was near, but it was because we had "relations" :P (my doc says "relations" makes me laugh, anyway) the night before and it stopped right away after a few wipes and everything still seems to be fine for us. Even now I get a little crampy/achey, the doc said it was from the growing.

Let us know how things are going!![/b]
Ditto for me too- I was told no sex til 12 weeks after I told my dr I was having red spotting. And I was spotting and cramping til 12 weeks!

srs October 27th, 2006 08:20 PM

You definitely know your doc better than I do, but they might surprise you. Mine always has you come in that day with any spotting during pg, just to be on the safe side, and honestly they're not the greatest practice in the world - that's just the one thing they don't mess around with. I've had so much spotting this pg that I have stopped calling every time it happens, and no one at the dr's office is even concerned anymore, so it really could just be nothing.
So if you start feeling paranoid, or if it starts again, it wouldn't hurt to at least make the call. I hope everything is okay. Spotting can be pretty traumatic. :dothug:

Kiwi*Mummie*of*4 October 29th, 2006 04:11 PM

I had brown spotting with one of my pregnancies. Im glad your spotting has stopped I would still call the doctor and seek their advice.

TanyaM October 30th, 2006 07:13 AM

How are you doing now Brittanie?

koakoba October 30th, 2006 07:48 AM

Quote:

How are you doing now Brittanie?[/b]
I was wondering too. I'm hoping all is well.

Brittanie October 30th, 2006 08:35 AM

I'm doing okay. Now that I'm awake anyway.

I dreamed last night that I kept miscarrying (the same pregnancy over and over, 6 times I think).

I have a Dr.'s appt on Thursday (w/an ultrasound!) So I'm really excited and nervous. I need to pull out my tape with my ultrasound of Cora and make sure it's at the right spot. I'm avoiding that.

TanyaM October 30th, 2006 11:27 AM

I hope your appointment on Thursday goes great and you get to hear or 'see' the little beans heartbeat!

beck12 October 30th, 2006 05:32 PM

I'm sorry your having such a scare already. I hope having your u/s alleviates any worries for now & I want to hear every detail!

Brittanie October 31st, 2006 10:49 PM

So DH and I bd'd again, and I spotted again...ugh. So, needless today he's not allowed to THINK about touching me until after I talk to the doctor! It was less brown the second time, more reddish, but still just streaked cm.

But I'm sicker than I was earlier, and that's a good sign, right?

And believe me, since we have a scanner, you girls will get to see pics!

koakoba November 1st, 2006 05:35 AM

You probably have a sensitive cervix, you'll probably have a little spotting after each internal exam you get too. That's what they told me my deal was, and why I spotted so much.
I can't wait to see your u/s pictures!!