JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Progesterone levels (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/51087-progesterone-levels.html)

hoping1234 July 13th, 2005 06:44 PM

I am almost 5 weeks pg for the fourth time (3 m/c). This time I am taking 200mg of prometrium twice/day and have been since I ovulated (based on bbt charting). At 4 weeks pg, my progesterone level was tested and it seems a little high to me, 212. Could this be from the progesterone supplement I am taking? Anyone else know if their values were this high when on a progesterone supplement. My hcg levels also seem high 13dpo 456, 16dpo 1600, 18dpo 3407. They are doubling, so that looks good.

As always, any info you have would be greatly appreciated

steph1989 July 14th, 2005 06:48 PM

I'm taking Progesterone 100mg twice a day. My level was at 42 at 6 weeks or so. I'm not sure how high they should be? sorry I'm not much help. I'm sure all is fine. Good luck.
:smile:

stinker July 15th, 2005 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by steph1989@Jul 14 2005, 08:48 PM
I'm taking Progesterone 100mg twice a day.* My level was at 42 at 6 weeks or so.* I'm not sure how high they should be?* sorry I'm not much help.* I'm sure all is fine.* Good luck.
:smile:
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
Hey! I had my first daughter no problems but then had 3 miscarriages. They determined it was a progesterone problem and gave me supplements with my next pregnancy. When my levels were really high they said it can indicate twins. Mine were VERY high and I only had one. Now I have a perfectly healthy 7 month old daughter!! Don't worry! As long as the levels are increasing you are good to go!! Good luck!! :smile:

wewantaminime July 20th, 2005 03:19 PM

Interesting. I don't know anything about progesterone other than it's supposed to help you build the wall for the baby if you are producing an inadequate amount. So if it looks too high then maybe you are overprescribed? Seems like a big difference 42 - 212. I would consult your doctor. Also you could call the doctors nurse to find out what your progesterone level should be at week 4. Maybe you are further along than you think?

AmberL July 20th, 2005 04:06 PM

I'm on an oral progesterone too and when they check my levels they've been pretty consistent at 39.something. 212 does seem high, but I don't know if there's such a thing as too high? I am only taking 100 mg per day by the way.

your hcg levels look great (they seem high to me too). but they're doubling and that's the most important thing!!

tearsofhope July 21st, 2005 05:44 AM

It's better to have higher prog levels than lower ones. It is mostly due to your supplement BUT........ that is good. Once you get past your 12 weeks your doctor will probably take you off of it because your body will start making more on it's own and you won't need it then.

Cheers.. to happy healthy baby!!! :)

hoping1234 July 22nd, 2005 10:10 AM

I went to the dr yesterday and they were correct, my progesterone level was 212. I thought they had missed a decimal or something. She told me you can't be too high. When they did my u/s, they found my corpus luteum (the cyst your body creates to supply enough progesterone during the first 12 weeks) was practically non exisitant. She told me to make sure I continue to take my progesterone supplement. It's a good thing they have me on one.

Thanks for all of your replys. Oh and by the way they found a faint heartbeat at 6weeks 0days, so we are very happy.