JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Chances Of Having A Miscarriage (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/70391-chances-having-miscarriage.html)

Jessicasfingerscrossed September 4th, 2005 05:46 PM

Hello All,
I just have a question for anyone that can help....

I have had two prior Miscarriages in the past, neither of which I saw the hearbeat first, and am pregnant again!! YEAH!!

My question is, we saw the heart beat at 5 1/2 weeks and I am now almost 8 weeks, dr says miscarriage chances drop to 5-8%...
How many of you have actually seen the hearbeat and then miscarried??
I know this is a personal question, so thank you in advance...

Jessica
:feedback:

babiez4me September 5th, 2005 05:36 AM

I saw the heartbeat twice and mc twice (not saying you will). Please dont think that most likely you will be fine. My 1st mc the heartbeat was only a 50 at 8 weeks so we new I was going to mc. My 2nd pg the hearbeat was a 124 at 6 weeks.I was told my chances were 3 % and the hearbeat was high and in average range.I mc 2 weeks later.I also was tested and did find a few things wrong.So that was my issue.You will be fine

JennL September 6th, 2005 06:51 AM

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I too have m/c'd twice - and didn't see a heartbeat either time. I'm currently a little over 12 weeks, the heartbeat is strong - and my doc. also told me that the chances of losing this one were less than 5% after seeing the heartbeat. I know it's still hard not to worry, but by seeing the heartbeat you've already crossed a huge hurdle that you weren't able to get to before :cheer: Congratulations!!

Mickey3 September 6th, 2005 08:16 AM

My dr. told us that the risk decreases by about 80% after seeing the heart beat. That being said, we saw our babies heart beat the day before I miscarried.....which made it a million times harder. I also had an abnormally shaped amniotic sac, whatever that means.
Congrats, and good luck!

loving Alissa and Olivia September 6th, 2005 02:29 PM

When I had my first miscarriage I saw the heartbeat and m/c..... Just don't worry trust me the more stress you put on yourself the more you worry yourself to death..

mom.of.2.boys September 9th, 2005 08:48 AM

With my two miscarriages - I didn't see a heartbeat but I went in at 5 1/2 weeks with this one and they saw the heartbeat and now I'm 22 weeks - so hopefully this is your time!!!!!!

I guess you never really know......and I'm still nervous and will be until I'm holding a healthy baby but the heartbeat is the first step....GOOD Luck!!!!!

JennL September 13th, 2005 08:49 AM

Jessica - just wanted to check in and see how you were doing :) Hope that all is well!

~Jenn

Maya's Momma 25 September 29th, 2005 09:26 AM

I saw the heartbeat and miscarriaged a few weeks later. The Dr had told me then and there that I was a likely candidate for a miscarriage for that pregnancy at that point. I ignored him and was shocked that the baby died. It is possible to m/c after the heartbeat is seen, but if everything else looks good, don't worry.

KOHMOMMY September 29th, 2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jessicasfingerscrossed@Sep 4 2005, 08:46 PM
Hello All,
I just have a question for anyone that can help....

I have had two prior Miscarriages in the past, neither of which I saw the hearbeat first, and am pregnant again!! YEAH!!

My question is, we saw the heart beat at 5 1/2 weeks and I am now almost 8 weeks, dr says miscarriage chances drop to 5-8%...
How many of you have actually seen the hearbeat and then miscarried??
I know this is a personal question, so thank you in advance...

Jessica
:feedback:
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Khalil had a heartbeat until approx 18 weeks. and it was a strong one too. So imagine my suprise when I went to the dr at 19 weeks and they told me he was no longer alive (as if my not SEEING the heartbeat on the 27 inch u/s screen wasn't indication enough). I don't think I will ever feel safe in another pregnancy until my child is home with me.. But I wish you the best and my prayer go up for you.

tamw402004 October 3rd, 2005 12:10 PM

We have miscarried twice. {Last year} :(

We did not see a heartbeat with either pregnancy. :(

~GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR LITTLE ONE~

jennjerr October 4th, 2005 01:17 PM

I miscarried at 15 weeks. We saw the heartbeat on sono at 14 weeks. It was a total shock. Doctor told me I was unfortunately in the 1% that had a m/c that far along. The odds are in your favor that everything will be fine.

beccasmom October 31st, 2005 08:36 PM

i have had 3 m/c , i didnt see the heartbeat for the first 2 ( 6&8weeks) but my last pregnancy i saw the heartbeat all 3 apts, the last one being 18weeks, and i m/c 3weeks later ....but dont worry the chances of m/cing after 12weeks is way low.
Good Luck and God Bless

PlsBlssUs November 10th, 2005 08:07 PM

[B]I have had two miscarriages where I saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks and the doctor told me the heartbeat was great and then at 8 weeks I lost the babies. He seems to think it is genetic with me and your chances of miscarriage after seeing heartbeat is slim. I am pregnant again(third time this year) so we will see how this one goes. I have already been and saw the heartbeat and he said again that it was great I go again on the 16th!!!