JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Working while pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/848121-working-while-pregnant.html)

Gaby&Emmy'sMama December 17th, 2007 01:09 PM

Are you/did you work while pregnant?
If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?)
When will you/did you go on maternity leave?
How long will you stay on maternity leave?

I did indeed

If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?)
I didn't really need to change anything - except my uniform :P

I was PLANNING on going on maternity leave at 36 weeks, but ended up going at 34 weeks, because my b/p was getting a bit high and my m/w wanted me to take it easy. Well, I asked her if it would be possible to stop a bit earlier LOL, and she said she would say it was a good idea

.... Ummmm well I finished end Aug 06..... I had 12 months of official maternity leave, but then resigned..

Emily! December 17th, 2007 01:45 PM

Are you/did you work while pregnant? Yes I did!

If so, did you need to change your job description? Nope. I waitressed the whole time. Eventually I had the busboys carry trays (which I only use for parties of 6+) though.

When will you/did you go on maternity leave? I worked until the end basically. I had planned on taking Thanksgiving week off just because and then ended up having Ellie 2 days after Thanksgiving!

How long will you stay on maternity leave? Going back the Saturday after New Years. Wah.

lovemyluck December 18th, 2007 06:06 AM

*Yep, I have worked with all 5 of them.

*No, dont need to change it, just wont be able to count certain pills. For the most part I still do all that I usually do, but I wont carry anything heavy.

*Ha, maternity leave?? Well, I work right up until I am due to go in for the c-section. With Mackenzie I will work up to the Friday before her section.

*Once again, HA! Actually, i usually take 2 weeks off, then go back and work about 4 hours a day. But I do get to bring the baby with me!!

prush02 December 18th, 2007 08:47 AM

YES.... However we have holiday break right before my c-section

No.. just needed to add some more patience. Teaching kids all day can get stressful.

Two days before delivery.

9 weeks.. non paid

mrsdismang December 18th, 2007 09:36 AM

Are you/did you work while pregnant? I worked up until 16 weeks

If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?) I was unable and instead of letting me do housekeeping or maybe work in cage wash they forced me to go on FMLA. I got unemployment though haha suckers!

When will you/did you go on maternity leave? I guess technically I'm on early leave now.

How long will you stay on maternity leave? I don't plan on going back until after the baby is born. Maybe in May.

instant_oatmeal December 18th, 2007 09:39 AM

Are you/did you work while pregnant? Yes I'm working. I was planning on starting a new job but I didn't want that stress while pregnant so I resigned from that one and asked if I could stay on at my current job.
If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?) Our facility is moving shortly so no heavy lifting for me
When will you/did you go on maternity leave? No clue yet lol
How long will you stay on maternity leave? I might not

Sabina December 19th, 2007 07:06 AM

Yes I'm working - unfortunetly.

If so, did you need to change your job description? (ie were you unable to do certain parts of your job?) I am a medical secretary so I am able to do all of my duties and the girls take good care of me here at work.

I am planning on going on mat leave about two or three weeks before the baby is born so I can get ready.

We get one year paid mat leave so I will be taking that whole time off and going back part time after that ends.