JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f40-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Ectopic rupture at 8 weeks (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f40-pregnancy-loss/2637445-ectopic-rupture-8-weeks.html)

Adrienne214 March 24th, 2013 03:24 PM

Ectopic rupture at 8 weeks

I didn't know I was pregnant and went to the ER to find out I was pregnant and losing the baby at the same time. I almost lost my life. It's been 2 months and I'm having trouble putting it behind me. It seems like people think that because I didn't know I was pg and since it was ectopic that it isn't really a loss. I pretty much just try to think about it like it was a medical condition, not a baby that I lost at 8 weeks. But then the reality of the loss sets in and I don't know how to handle it or how I should feel about it. Like in my mind the baby never existed but then I know it did. I just don't know how to think about it or how to feel. I know some of you have lost babies early in pregnancy and I'm just wondering if you could share how you've healed. I have two healthy little girls and we are starting to think about TTC a third but I'm scared and I know I need to completely heal from this loss first.

islandbaby March 25th, 2013 07:48 AM

Re: Ectopic rupture at 8 weeks

I'm so sorry for your loss :( In my opinion, no matter what kind of pregnancy it was or how early the loss occured, the feelings/emotions we have would be all the same. We don't love any less because it was an etoptic or molar or if we just found out about the pregnancy while at the same time finding out about the loss. So, I am truly sorry for your loss.

I really won't be of much help to you, in regards to healing. My loss just occured less than two weeks ago so I'm still trying to figure all of this out myself. I did want to respond though and let you know that you are not alone in how you are feeling right now! Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts and we're here for you if you need to vent, cry etc. <HUGS>

lelila March 25th, 2013 10:16 AM

Not really a loss? Wow, I wonder who would say that. Out of sight out of mind eh?

I'm very sorry for your loss Adrienne. No one should say something like that to you. You've been through enough.

I had a very dear friend who went through a horrible loss at 17 wks. Her DH begged her to seek counseling. So she could at least cope with the day to day stuff. But she refused and her struggles continued.

It's only natural to have a tough time with a loss. And it's only natural to get a little extra help from someone who is trained to get people through the tough times. A religious elder, a counselor, a community leader. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

And post here as often as you need to. We're always around to listen.

smsturner March 25th, 2013 11:09 AM

I'm so sorry for you loss hun. And I'm so sorry that anyone could say anything like that to someone in your spot. You definitely had a loss, and also a physical blow, you deserve some understanding and support.
Big hugs to you.

Adrienne214 April 3rd, 2013 07:24 PM

Thanks everyone <3.