JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f40-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   I'm here....again. D&C tomorrow. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f40-pregnancy-loss/2671043-im-here-again-d-and-c-tomorrow.html)

AviatrixMorgan August 8th, 2013 11:46 AM

I'm here....again. D&C tomorrow.

My first 3 pregnancies were relatively uneventful.

In February I had a natural m/c at 7-8 weeks. It took forever for my levels to drop down to 0, but finally things returned. It was a pretty horrific experience as far as the amount of bleeding/clots/cramping.

We waited a few months and were so happy to get pregnant again on the first time trying. We saw a beautiful, strong heartbeat at 7w6d. We felt like we cleared the hurdle. Dr said the chance of a m/c was only 1-5% after seeing the heartbeat.

Shortly after I completely lost any pregnancy symptoms. I thought maybe I was just lucky this time, with DS1 I was never sick, sore boobs, etc. I have a doppler I tried using some, with no success. But I reminded myself how with DS2 the doppler didn't pick anything up until around 16 weeks at the OB's office, so at 12 weeks they sent me for an ultrasound and everything was just fine.

Yesterday I had my 12 week appointment. My OB walked in and I told him I was a bit nervous, said it was probably just anxiety/paranoia because of the loss in February. He uses a handheld ultrasound machine and I got the bad news. I then went to the regular u/s machine so the baby could be measured. It appears to have stopped growing just 3 days after we saw it thriving so perfectly. Since it has been 4 weeks and my body didn't kick into gear I decided to go ahead with a D&C.

I don't really know what to expect. I'm scared and not wanting to admit this is really happening. I'm trying to wrap my head around how I had 3 great pregnancies and now 2 miscarriages in a row. I keep feeling like it is just a bad dream. I don't really know how to move on from this. Last time I was so determined to just jump right back in, but this time I'm terrified of having another one.

sweety_pie August 8th, 2013 11:56 AM

Re: I'm here....again. D&C tomorrow.

So sorry to see you here again!! :( I know exactly how you feel!! I had my first 2 pregnancies go perfect, never a hitch. Then when we tried for baby #3 I ended up losing one baby at 12 weeks (emergency D&C) in Aug 2012 and then I lost a second one at 7 weeks (natural) in Oct 2012! I was so scared trying for another after my first loss, and had NO plans of trying again after my second loss. But I guess the desire of wanting that last baby was stronger then all my fear and we tried again. Now I'm 32 weeks pregnant with our rainbow baby!! HUGS!! Thinking of you!

smsturner August 9th, 2013 07:00 PM

I'm beyond upset that you are here. I wish I could put it into words.

Please take good care of yourself and let us know if we can do anything for you.

islandbaby August 11th, 2013 03:07 PM

I am so incredibly sorry to see you here :(

We are all here for you for support!!! Lots of hugs!

lila September 23rd, 2013 10:43 AM

I am so sorry. I am in a similar boat. Have one healthy DS and had a chemical in June. Saw the heartbeat last week and the next day it was gone. I had a D&C scheduled for this afternoon but things passed naturally on Friday. :(