JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy Over 35 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f326-pregnancy-over-35/)
-   -   supposeable ages to have babies.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f326-pregnancy-over-35/2653434-supposeable-ages-to-have-babies.html)

mirdeemrlvs May 25th, 2013 10:32 AM

supposeable ages to have babies....

I started thinking the other day...society today says that getting married before you are about 20 is too young. Then, when you get married your supposed to "live it up" for a few years, they say your too young to have children. So, it isn't until your late 30's when "people" start bugging you to have children now that it's "socially acceptable" and some women may be preventing for so long they can't conceive, so it takes a while. Now, you have one child and your close to 35 and that bio. clock starts ticking real loudly because it's "unsafe" to have a baby after 35, right? So, you manage to maybe have two children which again is politically/socially correct- after all, we don't want the world overpopulated!!!!!!

So, who's running the show? Personally, I think it's up to a husband and wife, and God to determine family size, not society.

I don't like being 43 and pregnant, but it's mostly because of the deafening silence from a lot of people my age. It's sad that people can't accept a child at any stage/age. kwim?:rolleyes:

eta: note the sarcasm.

fludderbye May 26th, 2013 03:39 AM

Re: supposeable ages to have babies....

I hear You- DH & I Def beat to our drum - Screw what everyone else thinks !!!
we didnt get married till i was 26 & had our first at 27 i am now 39 & exp # 4

& everyone was like Oh My 4 kids- why- I just look at them and say why not?
they are fun to make- & that usually shuts them up LOL

Congrats BTW on yours !!

Rebelmommy May 26th, 2013 08:02 AM

I had my first 4 months after I turned 19, and people gave me looks because I was to young (even though I was married) I just had my most recent 3 months after I turned 38, and people gave me looks because i was to old. You just can't win. We plan to have another, and I don't care that society thinks I am to old or that my family is already bigger than it should be! LOL

mirdeemrlvs May 26th, 2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fludderbye (Post 27395535)
I hear You- DH & I Def beat to our drum - Screw what everyone else thinks !!!
we didnt get married till i was 26 & had our first at 27 i am now 39 & exp # 4

& everyone was like Oh My 4 kids- why- I just look at them and say why not?
they are fun to make- & that usually shuts them up LOL

Congrats BTW on yours !!

Back when kids were used on the farm, etc.. people saw big families as a blessing. So much has changed. It's sad. People don't see that if you only have two kids, your only replacing yourselves. Countries like China that have horrifying population control methods are back peddling now because they see a grim future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebelmommy (Post 27395748)
I had my first 4 months after I turned 19, and people gave me looks because I was to young (even though I was married) I just had my most recent 3 months after I turned 38, and people gave me looks because i was to old. You just can't win. We plan to have another, and I don't care that society thinks I am to old or that my family is already bigger than it should be! LOL

I don't think it's anyone else's business at what age or how many kids you have (for married adults)... 19 is not too young if you know what you want and can take care of your baby! Your still young!!! You could have two or three more :-)

wesheets May 27th, 2013 08:58 PM

Exactly. Love it. I feel like a fertile woman. The end.