JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy Questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/)
-   -   Just found out I am pregnant today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/2515873-just-found-out-i-am-pregnant-today.html)

FirstTimeMomToBe April 17th, 2012 04:26 PM

Just found out I am pregnant today

I am new to the site and I just found out through a blood test done today that I am pregnant with my first. When they called to confirm that my blood test was positive, they said the doctor wanted me to come in on Friday (3 days from now) to get another blood test done to check the levels again. Should I be concerned or is this normal procedure? Like I said, this is my first pregnancy and have no idea what to expect and what is normal/not normal. Also, on Friday, if the blood test has doubled and is on the right track, will they schedule me an ultrasound date or what will be the next step? Thanks in advance for any and all answers. Happy to be here! :)

Twallius April 17th, 2012 06:47 PM

Re: Just found out I am pregnant today

CONGRATS!!!! Ive never had my pregnancies confirmed the first time by a blood test but after a urine test they have done the blood work next.

FirstTimeMomToBe April 17th, 2012 07:18 PM

sorry, I should have explained better :) I first took a home pregnancy test and it came back a faint positive. I am about 11dpo so I thought it was too early to have results yet so I went out to get a digital test and sure enough "pregnant" popped up! I then called and they confirmed with blood test but I was worried since they want to retest Friday. I dont know if thats normal or not. I hope so!! Thank you for the congrats!!!! :)

Cmjs April 18th, 2012 06:42 AM

awe congrats.. let us know how is going? :D

FirstTimeMomToBe April 18th, 2012 08:47 AM

definitely will keep you updated after I know more Friday. Right now everything is good! Very excited. I can't wait to know everything is fine and I can then stop worrying. Do you know of anyone else that had to get blood work done twice? I am thinking it is just because I am so early into my pregnancy and they just wanted to double check it again.

Mom2Brendan April 19th, 2012 08:34 AM

Congrats!! It's pretty normal for some doctors to check hcg levels more than once even sometimes up to 5 times to see what the levels are and which way they are going. Depending on your doctor u/s as some may choose to do scheduling for u/s anytime from 5 wks to 10 wks.

You proably will know more tomorrow

FirstTimeMomToBe April 19th, 2012 11:38 AM

thank you for the congrats girls and for the reassurance! My poor mind has been racing. I got the numbers yesterday for the blood work and it was at 28. I am not sure exactly how many DPO I was on Tuesday. It is either 9dpo-11dpo. I got off of depo back in December after 6 years and I took Vitex to help my cycle get back to normal. I swear by Vitex as my period and ovulation returned within a month. Anyway, I guess I just got luck and got an early positive :) We were actually out of town on vacation got my birthday and the last 2 days on vacation, I was not feeling too good. Was tired, exhausted feeling even though I would get plenty of sleep, dizzy, and nauseated! I decided to test as soon as I got home and sure enough.. pregnant! :D Best Birthday present I could ever imagine.

I called them today and told them it would be hard for me to come in tomorrow for blood work since I have things to do so they told me it would be ok if I came in today instead, so I went in this morning and got my 2nd blood work done. Waiting on them to call now with the results/number. Please say a prayer that my numbers have doubled. I have a feeling they have because I have taken a test each morning and the test line keeps getting stronger and darker like the control line! yay!! Will post as soon as I find out.

FirstTimeMomToBe April 21st, 2012 11:44 AM

My blood test was 176. Go back Monday for one more blood work. Thanks for the thoughts and congrats! (:

ElizMommy April 21st, 2012 01:24 PM

Yay! Congrats! Sounds like your numbers are doing fine!!

FirstTimeMomToBe May 1st, 2012 06:41 PM

I am so sorry I never updated my blood test I had the following Monday. Like I mentioned before, my test on that Friday showed 176 (which did more than double) and they wanted me to come in one more time for blood work so I went in the following Monday (72 hours later) and it was up to 1,020!! I am so excited it is doing so well! Thanks again girls!! Will try and keep everyone updated. Love!

Mom2Brendan May 3rd, 2012 05:24 PM

awesome and do you have your first ultrasound scheduled ?

FirstTimeMomToBe May 3rd, 2012 05:43 PM

I do! I go on the 15th for it. I have had one already to check on the baby because I have Lupus and everything looked great and right on schedule! Of course it was to early to see the heartbeat but we do get to see that on the 15th. :)

Mom2Brendan May 3rd, 2012 05:50 PM

awesome