JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy Questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/)
-   -   pregnant right after b,c pill (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/2549022-pregnant-right-after-b-c-pill.html)

cheree_nicole July 13th, 2012 11:46 AM

pregnant right after b,c pill

Hi. I'm new to this site. I have a son who's 5 1/2. I have been on ortho trl cyclen 5 1/2 years ever since he was born. Me a.d my fiance decided to start trying. I went off my pills June 10th..had my period.. I just found out I'm allready pregnant! I conceived 16-17 days after stopping my pills. I consider myself very blessed and lucky. Nuthin I'm curious has anyone heard of a link between the pill and ectopic pregnancy? I haven't gotten together to the Dr yet. Due date calculator puts me at 4 weeks 3 days. No spotting or bleeding.mild cramping on my right lower abdomen..almost like its my ovary hurting..but more of an annoyance & a dull pain..not sharp. Is this normal? I'm just so scared its ectopic cause someone told me that's possible after being on the pill so long. Is this true? I'm waiting on my insurance to kick inbefore I can see Dr. Any words of advice would be helpfull thank you!! Due March 29 2013

beamermarie July 13th, 2012 02:14 PM

Re: pregnant right after b,c pill

I stopped taking BC on 1 April, and concevied on 15 April... just healthily entered my 2nd trimester. Good luck!!!

cheree_nicole July 13th, 2012 02:43 PM

Aww congratulations! that gives me hope. I'm putting all my faith in God. How long were you on the pill?:p

beamermarie July 14th, 2012 10:20 AM

I was only on it for a year...

Lil_Mama2B July 28th, 2012 10:39 AM

Older thread but just stumbled on it. In case you havnt gone to doc yet, I was on BC for 11 years stopeed and became pregnant. Im now in second trimester, but my mother actually had an ectopic pregnancy a few years ago and from what I saw you would definately know right away if it is ectopic. It wasnt a dull pain but a sharp stabbing pain so bad that she couldnt stand up straight or walk. We took her to the emergency room and they confirmed it was tubal :-(
anyway on a good note I hope all is well congratulations and good luck to you!!

Missa_Mae August 6th, 2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_Mama2B (Post 26329761)
Older thread but just stumbled on it. In case you havnt gone to doc yet, I was on BC for 11 years stopeed and became pregnant. Im now in second trimester, but my mother actually had an ectopic pregnancy a few years ago and from what I saw you would definately know right away if it is ectopic. It wasnt a dull pain but a sharp stabbing pain so bad that she couldnt stand up straight or walk. We took her to the emergency room and they confirmed it was tubal :-(
anyway on a good note I hope all is well congratulations and good luck to you!!

So sorry to hear about your mother's loss :-(

Your post is uplifting for me though only because I was also on BC for 11 years, stopped in May, and just found out I'm pregnant, will be 4 weeks tomorrow, and I'm soooo scared of something going wrong because of the BCP!!