JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy Questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/)
-   -   Experienced moms, help me! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/2621681-experienced-moms-help-me.html)

AnnieJinx24 February 3rd, 2013 09:53 PM

Experienced moms, help me!

I'm at the six week mark. I just found out a couple of days ago, I haven't visited an obgyn yet. But, I'm freakin' myself out, and I have quite a few questions. Ever since my grandpa died 5 years ago, I've been in a depression. I didn't really care about myself or my life at all. I dropped out of school 3 years ago, and since then, have stayed in my room. Never got really any exercise at all. But now I'm pregnant, and I do have something to live for. My problem is that, after being stagnant for so many years, my body is way out of shape. I'm 18 years old, and 300 pounds. I get winded VERY easily. My parents want me to get a job. Of course I want to, but I think that, given the circumstances, suddenly jumping up, standing and walking 8 hours a day would put way too much stress on my body and the baby. I know I have to start working out, or else the labor will be really difficult, but I was thinking something easier on my body at first, like water aerobics. Cause now that I'm pregnant, walking for too long gives me really bad almost period like cramps, which scares the bejeesus out of me. Speaking of which? Did anyone else have first trimester cramps? Cause they scare the crap out of me. I mean, I'm not doubled over in pain, but it hurts pretty bad. Is that normal? There's no bleeding or anything. But I really hope someone listened to my really long post, cause I'm scared!

Urchin February 4th, 2013 10:17 AM

Re: Experienced moms, help me!

Hi there!

Cramps are totally normal at this stage.. that's just baby burrowing deep in there!

Good for you for wanting to take better care of yourself! Getting a job is a good idea, and you'd be surprised at how resilient the body is! Just make sure you're not doing nay heavy lifting! Also, some swim aerobics would be helpful to do to gradually build up your stamina and strength.

Good luck and stick around. Feel free to join one of the due date clubs :) it will probably be of great benefit for you. I got a lot of support from them when I was pregnant!

ash82brook February 18th, 2013 01:29 PM

I had cramps with my first pregnancy with brown spotting. I was already an active walker and had to stop due to that. Drinking plenty of water should help with the cramps. You just have to listen to your body and getting into shape needs to be a smooth transition.

theirmommie March 29th, 2013 06:16 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your dad :( I could not imagine what I would do faced with that... :( sorry again, as far as ideas I think you have a great idea hitting the pool :) & because your preggers you will want to choose foods that are best for your baby & yourself, I struggle with weight a bit as well. I was still not back at prepregnancy weight when I concieved again so I am keeping my snacks to strickly healthy ones & avoiding grease completly... You and your baby are extremely resiliant & will do fine :) I recomend finding an obgyn that you like and trust they will help you stay on a healthy plan for weight gain.

Kim3 March 30th, 2013 05:48 AM

Generally I would say that women don't see their doc until 8-10 weeks. Given your medical sit, I would recommend asking for an appointment sooner. You will want to get some good advice on vitamins and nutrition. They can also advise on exercise. Personally, I would recommend work. Getting out of the house on a good routine each day is likely to be helpful. You will find support through co-workers. Also you may want to consider finding a GED program. You have a lot to live for. Getting an education and employment will be great for you and child. Employment can be scary at first. However, I am certain that getting out of the house with other people will be good. I work with someone of retirement age who comes to work every day. She lost her husband recently. She wanted to return to work so she could see her co-workers each day. Yes it is a job. It is emotional support for her each day.

Trish0102 April 2nd, 2013 06:55 AM

Cramps are normal throughout the pregnancy stage. Anyway, glad that you have the determination to have a life and work on your body for the baby. Just take things slowly and be disciplined in whatever exercises you are most comfortable with.

Emma and Avas mommy April 10th, 2013 06:51 PM

Yes cramps are normal and once baby starts to grow more you will fell cramps again and that is the ligaments streatching. Emotional support would be great so a job would be perfect for you. I did water excersises with my youngest because she grew so fast in the beginning i was having pains in my hips so that really does help. If you have morning sickness you may lose weight and that is fine.