JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy Questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/)
-   -   Fatigue. . does it ever go away? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/2713561-fatigue-does-ever-go-away.html)

kgaspar31 March 23rd, 2014 10:34 AM

Fatigue. . does it ever go away?

I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first child. I am also a student and work two part time jobs. The fatigue is making it very difficult for me to stay alert at work, then come home and do school work.

Does this go away at all during the pregnancy? I need one or two naps to get through the day, and that's not always something I can afford to do.

Are there any tips or tricks to make functioning like a normal adult possible with all this fatigue?

Kelz88 March 23rd, 2014 12:38 PM

Re: Fatigue. . does it ever go away?

In a few weeks you should get a little boost of energy in your second trimester. However I didnt get my boost of energy because I had gestational Diabetes

momatotwo May 16th, 2014 01:13 AM

oh my I am always so so so tired in the first trimester. I also need to take two naps, go to sleep early. Its really hard. But by the time the second trimester comes along you should be feeling much better, and even the third trimester, while it is tiring, is not nearly as bad as the first.

kirsten30 June 26th, 2014 12:18 AM

During my 1st trimester I was very lazy.I sleep most of the time.I couldn't even go to work that's why I decided to stop working,aside from suffering too much on morning sickness I just feel so helpless.But on my 2nd trimester I'm a lil bit back to normal but I gained weight that's why I'm kinda slow.I feel a lot better now on my 3rd tri.excited to see my boy on august.

pregnantlonghorn June 26th, 2014 12:54 PM

Soooo tired with all three first trimesters. With my first two, I thought it would be a small miracle if I didn't get fired during the first trimester.

ducksaresnazzy July 4th, 2014 08:41 PM

i hear it goes away around 18 years after giving birth.

jokes aside.. i was always tired during my pregnancy. i was lucky that i worked the evening shift (3-10) so i could get a quick nap before work and go to bed immediately after. but when i worked days, the busy rush was right about the time i napped for my evening shifts. i was in a restaurant and the only worker (small family owned, not my family though) so i would just tell people it would be a little longer than it would take me to actually make it, so i didn't have to rush. when the customers came in and saw my belly *normally* they didn't complain.

eventually, you do get used to it all. or you start running on autopilot.

maurice.cowell July 22nd, 2014 02:38 AM

I am sorry to hear that. Can't you let go of at least one of your part-time jobs? With your condition, I think you need lots of time for relaxation as it would also affect your child's health.

Carmela755 July 27th, 2014 08:07 PM

Hi there, I used to be like that in my first tri-mester and probably you will get back on track at second trimester. Good luck.

purp1988 July 31st, 2014 11:35 AM

I was more tired in my first trimester, but I am still tired in my second, the difference is the morning sickness is gone so I feel a heck of a lot better. Hang in there :)

belgravia August 12th, 2014 02:04 AM

That is normal, though eating energy-giving foods and having lots of water also can help with feeling fatigued most of the time. Taking my prenatal vitamins consistently helped a lot as well as eating food rich in vitamin Bs :) But eventually you'll feel better.

FloridianMomma September 18th, 2014 05:58 PM

I noticed a huge difference when I was about half way through my second trimester. You'll hit a "nesting" stage where you'll want to be up and about running around.