JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy Questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/)
-   -   Is it possible I'm pregnant? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/2718925-possible-im-pregnant.html)

happygirl111 May 2nd, 2014 01:55 PM

Is it possible I'm pregnant?

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the last day of my period (April 4) and I let him get off in me. I'm not on any sort of birth control. I've been feeling really drug down lately and have random bout of nausea throughout the day almost everyday for about a week now. I've also had a stubborn cold tha will not go away. My breasts are a lot more sore than usual and wearing a bra even hurts. I've had slight cramping off and on since about the time I think I ovulated. I took a pregnancy test the morning I was supposed to start and it said negative. I was due for my next period yesterday(May 1) and started bleeding a little today but I'm still l feeling nauseaus at the slightest stuff. IS there any way I'm pregnant and still bleeding? I know my period an how I usually feel and I've never felt like this before.

rachelc0 May 5th, 2014 07:32 AM

Re: Is it possible I'm pregnant?

not usually, is one pregnant and bleeding, but not totally impossible. depending on the bleeding itself could tell you what it is.

if it is very little, it could be implantation bleeding. but this would be for a very short time, and usually in a little amount. not every woman experiences this. it may also be accompanied with mild cramping that only last a short time as well.

if it seems fairly normal to your regular period, then odds are that's what it is. keep in mind our periods fluxate, sometimes they may be heavier or lighter. also being overly stressed, etc could play a factor in a missed or lighter than normal period.

some of the symptoms you describe sound pregnancy related, but can also be just period symptoms; fatigue, nausea, tender breasts. the line is so thin between what symptoms are pregnancy and what are just regular period symptoms, that woman can either miss a pregnancy for the first few months, or completely psych themselves into thinking they are pregnant when they aren't.

the only sure-fire way to know? test around the time your period is due. preferrably the day of or after, as most at home tests are incredibly accurate at that time. it's always hard for us to wait to test because we just want to know, but trust me, waiting is better because if you test too early, you may get a false negative. and it may prompt you to spend a bunch of money on more tests.

if you miss your period, but your home test says negative, talk to a doctor for a blood test. the blood tests are incredibly sensative and would be able to tell you for sure if you are or not. if that comes back negative too, then the chances of you being pregnant are pretty slim.