JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy Questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/)
-   -   Question for Moms of Twins (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/2721435-question-for-moms-twins.html)

amymperkins May 23rd, 2014 10:50 AM

Question for Moms of Twins

I am currently 12w2d with twins. I've been showing for quite a while. I am naturally a belly sleeper. I've tried using both a body pillow and a pregnancy pillow. Apparently I'm shoving them out of my way in my sleep (according to DH since I've managed to hit him with them more than once) and I wake up on my belly. This is my 4th pregnancy (youngest will be 14 next month) and I never had that problem in the past. Once my belly started sticking out at all, I never ended up on it and never had to use a body pillow or anything else (until last couple of months and then just a small pillow to support my belly). Anyone have any suggestions or tips on what worked for them??

Also, is there a point where some sort of energy level will begin to return?? I don't remember ever being this exhausted before. Granted, I was 14 years younger (39 currently) and wasn't carrying twins. My oldest has graduation next weekend and my youngest is heavily involved with baseball. I've actually fallen asleep at the ball park in the middle of a game. That's how exhausted I am...all the time!

All of this is a new experience for me so any helpful advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Spottts May 26th, 2014 05:30 PM

Re: Question for Moms of Twins

A twin pregnancy isn't different this early on. I slept on my stomach until it hurt. My twins are 7 1/2 years old so I don't remember exactly when that was. My fatigue, etc was the same for the twins as it was for my singleton born 2 years earlier.

Things weren't different until 23 weeks when the babies were much bigger and I started getting regular contractions.

KMH May 26th, 2014 06:28 PM

I think it is okay if you end up on your belly...you won't be able to do that forever ;) I sleep kind of half on my side and half on my belly and did that for quite a while with my twins. I also used a Snoogle pregnancy pillow and found that it helped with my achy back and hips.

My energy started coming back around 12-14 weeks and then I felt pretty good for a while. I hope you are feeling better soon!

amymperkins June 2nd, 2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spottts (Post 28095266)
A twin pregnancy isn't different this early on. I slept on my stomach until it hurt. My twins are 7 1/2 years old so I don't remember exactly when that was. My fatigue, etc was the same for the twins as it was for my singleton born 2 years earlier.

Things weren't different until 23 weeks when the babies were much bigger and I started getting regular contractions.

Maybe it's mainly because I'm just soooo much older this time!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMH (Post 28095308)
I think it is okay if you end up on your belly...you won't be able to do that forever ;) I sleep kind of half on my side and half on my belly and did that for quite a while with my twins. I also used a Snoogle pregnancy pillow and found that it helped with my achy back and hips.

My energy started coming back around 12-14 weeks and then I felt pretty good for a while. I hope you are feeling better soon!

A friend just gave me a snoogle. Haven't started using it yet (mainly because that would involve me taking it out of the package before crawling into bed and the last week has been beyond chaotic and I'm asleep before I lay down at night!). I'm now 13w5d. Energy still hasn't returned. But again, it's been crazy (baseball 3 nights a week...double header games...and graduation activities and plans and if that wasn't enough, we've had to start bottle feeding 5 puppies every 3 hours!). I have an artificial hip and sleeping on my left side bothers me quickly. My right shoulder tends to get stiff when I've slept on it too long. I'm thinking maybe that's why I'm ending up on my belly. Although I have noticed in the last few days, I end up half on my side and half on my belly. :) Thanks for the advice!

womanintheshoe June 3rd, 2014 06:24 PM

Honestly, I didn't feel like my energy came back until I was about 24 weeks. But I was SOOOO sick for so much longer than with my singletons that my energy levels was pretty much nil. I was also an "old" mama at 37yo so that may have added to my fatigue...or maybe it was having older dc who required more of my time and energy (crazy that it's those older ones rather than my little ones who demand more of me, lol!).