JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnant after recurrent loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f274-pregnant-after-recurrent-loss/)
-   -   Uhm... HOLY COW! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f274-pregnant-after-recurrent-loss/2257767-uhm-holy-cow.html)

Leffew February 23rd, 2011 05:58 PM

Uhm... HOLY COW!

Hey ladies. I'm still in complete shock. After trying just about every month but 3 since I lost Maddy 12/09, I had given up when I got AF on 1/2/11. I got AF again on 1/28, saw my OB just last Wednesday convinced I was never going to get pregnant again. I signed papers for a tubal! I had a home school playdate on Monday, my friend asked me to pick up a test for her and I got a 3 pack. I took one for the heck of it... Oh. My. Word. I can't even begin to describe how I felt when I saw that test line pop up before the control line even showed up!

Now, let me say that I have no clue when I'm due. The test I took was blaring dark for being 12 DPO. (No, we weren't trying anymore, but I still knew when I ovulated.) I had wondered when I had the 1/28 AF why it seemed off. So a part of me thinks I'm almost 8 weeks along, but I've been pregnant 9 other times and how can I just not know I was pregnant for more than 3 weeks?! I had the bleeding episode and had no reason to think I should test. :o:o:o:o:o:o

So here I am, terrified and so excited, and scared and shocked and wow...

I've already started my heparin shots and I have an u/s in the morning to date and make sure everything is going ok so far.

geogeek February 23rd, 2011 07:41 PM

Re: Uhm... HOLY COW!

Congrats! I hope this is a perfect sticky bean!

ambee February 24th, 2011 06:19 AM

Holy crap Nicole, congrats! That story just gave me goosebumps. :wub: Please KUP, I'm sending a million sticky bean vibes your way!!!

austinmommy3 February 24th, 2011 08:00 AM

YAY!! Praying for a wonderful sticky bean!!

stargatemommy February 24th, 2011 11:30 AM

Congrats!

JessP February 24th, 2011 01:07 PM

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear your update for your u/s.

esparando para bebé February 24th, 2011 02:40 PM

OMG!!! Congrats!

Leffew February 24th, 2011 08:46 PM

Real quick, my 1/28 AF was not a fluke... Still puzzled about how/why that test was blaring dark at 12DPO, but hey... maybe it's a really sticky bug?

The U/S showed thick uterine lining, tech said "like it was ready for implant" and a few minutes later, showed me a black spot and said "I personally think that's a start of a gestational sac and it would match up to your 1/28 bleeding."

I see the OB tomorrow, I'm sure quant tests will occur then, Monday, and either Wednesday or Thursday along with a follow up u/s. I also have to be given a written referral to the perinatologist who will monitor my high risk issues and blood counts for the clotting issues since I inject the heparin.

Thank you for all the congrats... I'm still shocked. But happy.

HippyMomOf4 February 26th, 2011 10:24 PM

how wonderful! Congrats.....sending you lots of prayers and sticky dust

geogeek February 27th, 2011 06:59 AM

Wow. that is awesome! I am still praying for you!