JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f331-product-reviews/)
-   -   Which is your favorite? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f331-product-reviews/146806-your-favorite.html)

Radish4ever February 5th, 2006 11:41 PM

Choosing a good nursing pad is as personal as choosing a feminine protection product! :D lol
I wanted to know which brand is your favorite and what ONE feature makes it so great for you! :cheer:

Lansinoh is my favorite, because I leaked a LOT for the first 6 months and STILL leak, even though my baby is about to be 9 months old! Lansinoh were the ONLY ones that I tried that would last during the first few weeks! Yes, I was changing pads every feeding, but the other brands leaked between feedings which was so annoying! I got tired of my bra smelling like cheese lol (sorry if tmi!)

Jen25 February 6th, 2006 07:09 AM

For disposable I love the Lansinoh. But I wear cloth ones at home because im cheap :P I do have to change them at almost every feeding though <_<

Brenda2005 February 6th, 2006 09:17 PM

I cannot say enough about Curity! They are the underdog and not very expensive but they can really absorb! I'm a huge leaker..i mean i spray three jets when i nurse and since i nurse on one side per feeding i need protection always and they do the trick..love them!

Phoenix2Light February 7th, 2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

I'm a huge leaker..i mean i spray three jets when i nurse and since i nurse on one side per feeding i need protection always and they do the trick..love them![/b]
LOL sounds like me! I haven't tried those but I will. I've been using Lansinoh and they work well but my nipples are sore from rubbing in them :\

Latinamommy February 8th, 2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

I cannot say enough about Curity! They are the underdog and not very expensive but they can really absorb! I'm a huge leaker..i mean i spray three jets when i nurse and since i nurse on one side per feeding i need protection always and they do the trick..love them![/b]
I use the lansinoh but just bought a box of curity since they were 5.00 cheaper. They work well at keeping my shirt dry but they are so bulky and thick you can totally tell I am wearing a breast pad. I only wear them at night now since thats when I need the extra protection.

amiluv February 10th, 2006 10:48 AM

I use the Curity pads at home because they are cheaper, they are a little bulky, but do absorb well. When I go somewhere where and care what I look like, I use the Lansinoh pads because they don't show and absorb super well, but I try to use them less because of their more expensive price.

mom2Silas&amp;Aidan February 10th, 2006 11:15 AM

I voted for LilyPadz. I'm hooked on them this time and I'm a heavy leaker. With my boys and up to a couple of weeks ago I used Curity brand.

CBMS February 23rd, 2006 01:16 PM

I like the Target brand. They are less expensive, they're wrapped in two-packs (so they're not all crushed and battered in the diaper bag!), and they are very absorbent! They have a small adhesive strip, too, so they stay in place better than some brands I've used.

queenofthecastle March 12th, 2006 02:39 PM

I just started using LilyPadz and I love them!! Don't have to worry about leaking milk at all!!!

As far as disposables goes I love Lansinoh. I've not soaked through one yet! I can't really even tell wheb their wet. Definitely worth the extra money!!

Angie

Jenny Lee March 17th, 2006 08:50 AM

I really like the Lansinoh disposable nursing pads. I used them when I nursed my first son, and now I'm using them again this time around. I never leak through them, and they're more comfortable than the Gerber washable pads that I tried -- just too bulky for me.

KahlansMommy March 28th, 2006 07:54 PM

I loved the Lansinoh pads too. They are so thin and contoured so you can't even tell I am wearing pads. I was worried at first that because they were so thin, they wouldn't absorb much, but I never had a problem with them leaking.

On a side note, with my other children, I leaked A LOT! Like some of you, I could spray across the room when my milk let down. This time though, I rarely leak. My daughter is 5 months old and I haven't had to wear pads for a couple of months. It's nice, but sometimes I worry that maybe I'm not producing enough milk. She is growing though and healthy so I guess she is getting enough.

BunnyBun May 4th, 2006 12:44 PM

I'm a big leaker too. I spray like crazy when I let down. I'm in love with Lily Padz. It's jsut so nice to not leak at all. Before the Lily padz, I loved Johnson & Johnson. But they don't seem to all be the same - I bought a box of "Johnson" (as opposed to "Johnson & Johnson"), and they weren't so great. I also use Bravado cloth pads. They're great too, but not so discreet. I hate walking around with giant circles thru my shirts! :D

lapoema August 6th, 2006 06:57 PM

Quote:

I cannot say enough about Curity! They are the underdog and not very expensive but they can really absorb! I'm a huge leaker..i mean i spray three jets when i nurse and since i nurse on one side per feeding i need protection always and they do the trick..love them![/b]
:ditto: :ditto: :ditto: I love the Curity ones!!

quietstrm27 September 11th, 2006 08:59 PM

I like the Johnson & Johnson pads. They don't show through my clothing or fold up and they keep me dry.

SandKmommy September 29th, 2006 01:34 PM

the hospital gave me cuirty, i bought gerber thin ones and wic gave me laniosh ones, and the cuirty ones are the most absorbant but i dont like how you can tell i'm wearing it, i like the gerber ones because thy cant be seen, we usuallyy but cuirty sence they are around $2.75 for a box of 42

shannon61 June 5th, 2007 06:35 AM

I love the Lansinoh pads too! They are very absorbant! I have tried Dr. Browns & they work very well too. I also tried Gerber & absolutely hated them! I woke up in a puddle both times I used them!

Brittanie June 21st, 2007 12:13 PM

I've only used Lansinoh and Johnson&Johnson. I HATE the J&J ones because they stick to me! Ugh. It's not so bad anymore, but that first week when my nipples were sore, it was torture. And I only bought them because it was the ONLY box my Walmart had in stock at the time.

Brittanie June 21st, 2007 12:16 PM

*sorry, double post*

LittleWhiteside July 2nd, 2007 02:45 PM

I use the lansinoh but its the only one I've tried. At times I can leak through these within 30 minutes. Is that strange? Should I use the washable ones or maybe the curity ones for at night?

boomersgang August 18th, 2007 10:37 PM

I prefer the Lansinoh pads. I like that they are larger, have a small adhesive section (that doesn't end up leaving goo on my bra) and that they are very absorbant. I haven't had a leak yet and my baby is 3 months old. I LOVE that they are individually sealed. And I also love that they come with a small pack of wipes and storage bags.
Lori