JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pumping Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f332-pumping-mommies/)
-   -   Tuesday QOTD (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f332-pumping-mommies/2404529-tuesday-qotd.html)

-erin- August 30th, 2011 06:45 AM

Tuesday QOTD

how much milk do you have stored in your freezer right now?

joellejello August 30th, 2011 08:44 AM

Re: Tuesday QOTD

about 900 oz. :D I'm hoping to quit pumping at work by the holiday season, and have enough freezer stash to get us through Sean turning 1 in February. I think I'm on track!

Rae-of-Sunshine August 30th, 2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joellejello (Post 24732107)
about 900 oz. :D I'm hoping to quit pumping at work by the holiday season, and have enough freezer stash to get us through Sean turning 1 in February. I think I'm on track!

Wow!! I admit I am jealous. I have maybe 30 oz and that is only because I have been trying HARD to put a little aside over the last few weeks. I have a conference in late October where I am going to be away from them for 3 1/2 days and I want them to have at least some milk for that. Right now they are getting an average of 1 bottle of formula a day (they were even before I was trying to put some in the freezer), so if I want to keep that up, I need a LOT more milk before then. Probably about 50 oz per day, so about 150-200 ...ughh. I am trying though!

-erin- August 30th, 2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joellejello (Post 24732107)

wow! I only have about 10oz left, but at my max it was only 250ish.

A facebook friend from real life posted that she lost about 2 gallons of breastmilk with the power outages we've had! I would have cried! Luckily her little girl is a couple months older than Juliet so she didnt *need* it the same as she would have if her girl was younger.

caitbeans August 30th, 2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -erin- (Post 24733540)
wow! I only have about 10oz left, but at my max it was only 250ish.

A facebook friend from real life posted that she lost about 2 gallons of breastmilk with the power outages we've had! I would have cried! Luckily her little girl is a couple months older than Juliet so she didnt *need* it the same as she would have if her girl was younger.

OMG I would have lost it if I had gallons of BM and it went bad with the power out! I have about 150oz right now.

w292737 September 2nd, 2011 08:56 AM

I have about 70 ounces right now. I'm working on stocking up more, but I just started getting real about pumping over the last 1-2 weeks, before that it was random times.

and holy heck at losing that much. I would have cried. seriously I cried the other day on having to throw out 2 ounces that bob didn't drink from her first day at home.

ashley5 September 6th, 2011 07:32 AM

I only have enough for one weeks worth, so about 250 oz maybe, I haven't looked recently.