JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pumping Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f332-pumping-mommies/)
-   -   Working and pumping (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f332-pumping-mommies/2654635-working-and-pumping.html)

ThaiSpice May 30th, 2013 08:13 AM

Working and pumping

Have you seen this website?

Breastfeeding for Working Mothers

It's got some good info!

Anyone have good tips for working and pumping?

Missa_Mae June 6th, 2013 10:24 AM

Re: Working and pumping

Thanks for sharing ... it's a great site!

blueeyes25s June 26th, 2013 03:12 AM

Thanks for sharing. How often do you all pump at works and for how long? I'm finding it hard to fit in 3 sessions. Mostly my pumping session in the afternoon is hard to fit in and it takes so much time. It's such a PIA but I know it's worth it.

ThaiSpice June 27th, 2013 05:03 AM

I struggled to find time to pump last time. What I did was pump in the car on the way to work (I have a 25-30 min commute), pump at lunch, and pump on the drive home. And if I could find the time, I'd hand express some, since it didn't take as long and I didn't have to drag out the pump. It wasn't ideal, though, and eventually my supply suffered. I'm hoping for a better experience this time--my work environment is better now, and hopefully more conducive to pumping more often. I still plan to pump on my commute to & from. And when I don't have time for a full pumping session, hand expressing some is better than nothing.

igotakid July 30th, 2013 10:44 AM

I struggled with supply while working because I never had time to pump. I was running an office with constant interruptions-mostly from clients. Pumping in the car was the only time I got!

*~* July 31st, 2013 08:11 AM

i pumped anywhere from 1-3 times a day. in the beginning i REALLY tried to do 3 times a day, but i would say the majority of the time i was only able to do it twice. i have the same schedule everyday, but i couldnt determine day to day how busy i'd be. i did struggle to keep up with her day to day needs...luckily, though, around 6 months or so, she started eating solids and she went on a bottle strike shortly after. I guess what little amounts she was getting in solids was enough to hold her over until i was with her in the afternoon & she was able to nurse. I continued pumping, but it was a lot less stressful, because i wasnt concerned with how much i was pumping daily. i ended up donating most of what i pumped from 7-12 months.

Oh, and i found that site super helpful when i was pumping/working

Becca M. April 15th, 2014 09:33 AM

I always tried to feed before I left for work, pump at lunch and then feed as soon as I got home in the late afternoon

rachelc0 April 16th, 2014 08:24 AM

i am very lucky to have an incredibly supportive boss who would let me take as much time as needed to pump. so when i was pumping, i did it three times a day, for atleast twenty minutes at a time, and i tried to space it out every three hours or so.