JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Readers and Writers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/)
-   -   Twilight Discussion (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/1576534-twilight-discussion.html)

Mom2DavidandAaron May 27th, 2009 03:51 PM

Twilight Discussion

For those of you who enjoy the "Twilight" series, here's a special place for you to discuss about it!

Sharon

Josey May 28th, 2009 12:21 AM

Re: Twilight Discussion

Yay!! I'm super excited about this. Our own lil' Twilight thread! lol So, I guess I will start this off.... If you could change anything about the series, what would it be??

For me, I would have gone more into Renesmee's life. I was so fascinated by her that I hated there wasn't more about her growing up.

WishingStar May 28th, 2009 11:04 AM

Awesome!!! I can see if a friend can make a blinkie we could put it in our signatures and link to this thread.

I'm not sure I'd change much... but I'd definitely add more about the other characters. I'd love to see more with Bella and Alice :)

mommytutu May 29th, 2009 01:38 PM

I wouldn't change a thing!

I am a bit confused about the fifth book... is there going to be one, or no?

WishingStar May 29th, 2009 01:51 PM

She's written part - it's online on her website - called Midnight Sun. But, she stopped writing it when it got leaked. So, we don't know if she'll finish it. We hope so, cuz it's very good!!!

mommytutu May 29th, 2009 02:04 PM

Bummer. I hope she does finish it. I'm about done with Breaking Dawn and while I really want to finish it, I'm taking my time because I'm not ready for the story to be over.

ETA: Finished it! I'm a little disappointed and very sad.

Brenda04 May 29th, 2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommytutu (Post 16010347)
Bummer. I hope she does finish it. I'm about done with Breaking Dawn and while I really want to finish it, I'm taking my time because I'm not ready for the story to be over.

ETA: Finished it! I'm a little disappointed and very sad.

Why did you feel disappointed?

WishingStar May 29th, 2009 06:25 PM

Wow, that was fast. Why were you disappointed? I thought the ending was perfect - a fairy tale ending.

mommytutu May 29th, 2009 07:30 PM

Would I sound too gruesome if I said I wanted more crazy fight scenes??

I really did enjoy it (I did, after all finish all four books in less than a week. I couldn't put them down!) and the ending was great! I cried! :D

WishingStar May 30th, 2009 08:23 AM

LOL! No, I don't think you sound crazy. I think a lot of people wanted crazy fight scenes. I think I could have gone either way.

My friend made us this blinkie:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...scussion-1.gif

We can link it to this board and maybe get some good discussions going!!!

mommytutu May 30th, 2009 01:27 PM

I added it to my siggy! Thank you!

Brenda04 May 31st, 2009 08:50 AM

I agree that more fight scenes would have been good.
Did you all like the idea of Jacob imprinting on Reneesmme?

mommytutu May 31st, 2009 10:31 AM

Yes, I did! I think it's so sweet!

Maybe we should have "SPOILER" written in this thread title, for those who haven't finished the books. :smile:

Josey May 31st, 2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommytutu (Post 16027373)
Yes, I did! I think it's so sweet!

Maybe we should have "SPOILER" written in this thread title, for those who haven't finished the books. :smile:

I agree!!!

I loved Jacob and Renesmee!! I actually called it while reading the book. That's another story I would love to read...how their love blossomed and what their life was like together. There is so much more that could be explored in this saga...I hate that she ended it. :(

How do I link the blinkie??

mommytutu June 1st, 2009 06:02 AM

Did anyone catch the trailer for New Moon last night during the awards? It was pretty cool. I'm excited about it!

*Sharon* June 1st, 2009 11:17 AM

The trailer is awesome! When Jacob phases...WOW!!!!!

Lash June 1st, 2009 12:39 PM

I adore Breaking Dawn, its my favorite of the entire series hands down.

Midnight Sun will be released (She's under contract to finish it). Plus she's stated in multiple interviews that she cant rest until all 5 are on her mantle, bound together as they should be. The book is already written in her head, its translating it to paper (which is most likely done as well) and letting all the drama die down

She also knows exactly who leaked it (she knows it wasnt Rob). There were multiple versions of Midnight Sun, in different areas of editing. She knows who had each copy. Multiple times I've heard suspicion of Catherine Hardwick unintentionally letting it out of her sight and then it being stolen and leaked, but who really knows what happened

There is always more that could have been written but the books are pretty packed as they are. We couldnt always hear more about other characters because this is Bella's story, and always has been. She may expand on other characters, but this was the story about Bella, from Bella, not even the story of Bella and Edward.

You can steal the Jacob gif too if you want

There is a 100 page thread on WTTC Grads about Twilight, I update it very very often and have very up to date info on there

Josey June 1st, 2009 08:03 PM

Lash- I LOVE all your blinkies!! Too cute!

Lash June 1st, 2009 08:12 PM

Thanks, I change them out often!! Since I just saw Jackson on Saturday and Jasper is my fave, I'm on a Jasper icon kick right now!

Just a heads up, I posted my pictures and video from Forks trip in January in this forum
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ht-thread.html

mommytutu June 2nd, 2009 06:38 AM

Awesome, Lash! TFS!!!