JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Readers and Writers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/)
-   -   So when do you read? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/207224-so-when-do-you-read.html)

*Valerie* May 17th, 2006 08:02 AM

Hey there--Just curious as to when you read? I used to read while Troy ate, but now he's too nosy and wants to grab my book or gets distracted when I turn the page. I read some when he naps, but am usually on the computer or getting other stuff done.

amymarie May 18th, 2006 04:58 PM

I am a SAHM and my kids are all in school so I can get reading done while they are gone. I also read at night from probably 8 oclock until midnight or later. Sometimes I get so close to finishing I just keep going all night because I can't put it down. :blush:

Mom2DavidandAaron May 18th, 2006 06:37 PM

After ds goes to bed and during his nap. But I can kiss that goodbye now that #2 is arriving!

Sharon

Jewellzz May 19th, 2006 10:37 AM

I read in the bathtub :P

amymarie May 20th, 2006 08:38 PM

Oh yeah I am a huge bathtub reader! Looooove to take a long hot soak with a good book!!

berrygirll July 15th, 2006 09:35 PM

Bathtub for sure! When Layla naps or sometimes while she's quietly playing or playing with the boys I will read. Sometimes while I eat too! LOL And after they go to bed...it's hard to put a book down you're really into!

Kath M. July 15th, 2006 11:38 PM

Whenever I get a chance LOL! I love to read...while eating, after Maddie has gone to bed or when she is taking a nap.

sillybean July 31st, 2006 08:04 PM

Usually during school breaks. I study non-stop and have no energy to read anything else when I am in school.

Mom2DavidandAaron August 1st, 2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

I read in the bathtub :P[/b]
Oh, I love that. I can't do it often with two kids, but when I do it's my favorite time to read.

Sharon

TheBooths1992 October 26th, 2006 09:07 AM

I read before I fall asleep, and during the day when there is noting else to do lOl

Lisadear October 29th, 2006 05:52 AM

I also read sometimes before I fall asleep ... it helps zone me into sleepyland

xxx Lisa xxx

Mom2DavidandAaron October 29th, 2006 05:57 PM

I just realized I've been reading the same book for about 3 weeks now :P
That's never happened to me before!

Sharon

TheBooths1992 October 30th, 2006 12:29 PM

I read before I go to sleep it also helpls me to relax before I go to sleep, I also read to kill the time during the day when I don't feel like being on the computer, work is done and seems to make the day go by quicker.But as soon as I finish the book I am reading now I don't know what I will find to read to interest me.

marthalynn523 November 15th, 2006 04:17 PM

before kids i read a book a week...i have only read about 7 books since i had my daughter 2 years ago. i try to read before bed but honestly im just too tired. and that is mine and DH's only time alone together!!! I make an attempt to read while the girls are napping but that is when i do my house cleaning. I absolutely love to read...but who has the time anymore??

purplelady November 16th, 2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

I read in the bathtub :P[/b]
:ditto:
most deff. my fav. place to read.......and i like to read a few chapters after i get everyone else to bed.....it helps me relax :D

*Firefly* November 16th, 2006 05:58 PM

I read before I go to bed mostly but when im on holiday I read all the time and wil lget through a book a day

irishxrose November 16th, 2006 09:04 PM

I'm a bathtub reader too. :D I read whenever I can.