JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Readers and Writers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/)
-   -   What Are You Reading? January (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/2469709-what-you-reading-january.html)

Bella Nyxe January 2nd, 2012 01:52 PM

What Are You Reading? January

I finished [U/] ClockWork Prince [/U] by Cassandra Clare yesterday. I went to amazon and bought a novella Never to Sleep by Rachel Vincent and also barrowed Bloodlines by Rachelle Mead from the library so im going to be one busy reader for the next week or two :) There are so many books to be read and so little time! Drat that house for being in need of cleaning! :lol:

Tweetybabies January 3rd, 2012 07:41 AM

Re: What Are You Reading? January

Oh, I didn't know that Cassandra Clare had another book out?? I'll have to put Clockwork Prince on my TBR list. I've enjoyed her other books.

I actually haven't started any new books this year yet. I'm still trying to finish up a few books that I started last year, at the beginning of the year! :blush:

Bella Nyxe January 3rd, 2012 09:22 AM

it was awesome! finiahing up anything good?

Bella Nyxe January 8th, 2012 12:28 PM

Finished Bloodlines on to Never To Sleep.

Tweetybabies January 9th, 2012 07:33 AM

I finally finished up A Whisker of Evil. Trying to be superorganized in 2011, I made up a spreadsheet to keep track of my reading. Well, it looks like I started reading A Whisker of Evil on 1/29/11. It took me almost a year to finish it! :o

It wasn't a bad book. I just wasn't very into it, even though I love mysteries. I think what the problem was, was that I kept thinking I've read this book before and I was afraid of finding out if I read further, that I did. I did read one book from this series/author before but as I finished the book, I realized it wasn't this one.

I'm now reading Fruit of All Evil by Paige Shelton. I'm considering it my new book of 2012 even though I did read a handful of pages at the end of December. It's already Jan 9 and I haven't even really read much yet. I'm going to blame it on the kids' birthdays and all for now. I really hope it's not indicative of the kind of reading year I am going to have....

ETA: I just realized I wrote that I'm NOT reading Fruit of All Evil - of course, I'm reading it! :rolleyes:

Hazel January 15th, 2012 08:00 PM

I am reading The Emperor of Ocean ParkbyStephen Carter at home and Jane Austen's Persuasion in the car

Tweetybabies January 17th, 2012 07:17 AM

I'm reading The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory. I was hooked after reading The Other Boleyn Girl. But gee, it's so confusing trying to follow who is who and what family/house they belong to, esp since almost everyone has the same name! But fascinating nonetheless!

Tweetybabies January 25th, 2012 06:39 AM

I finished The Red Queen. Loved it. That time period is so fascinating, but yet at the same time I cringe at the thought of all the violence of war and instability of the time. I think Philippa Gregory is a great storyteller. The Red Queen was definitely a page turner. I liked it as much as I did The Other Boleyn Girl which was one of my favorites from her. It makes me want to re-read The White Queen which is the first book in the Cousin's War trilogy and the same story but written from the perspective of Elizabeth Woodville/Queen Elizabeth.

I haven't decided what to read next yet. At the rate I'm going, I don't think I'm going to meet my reading challenges this year. The Red Queen is only my 2nd book for the year. I'm a bit behind compared to years past.

Tweetybabies January 26th, 2012 06:26 PM

I started reading The Proof is in the Pudding by Melinda Wells yesterday.