JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Readers and Writers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/)
-   -   Watcha reading now? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/2493782-watcha-reading-now.html)

magz88 February 24th, 2012 04:33 PM

Watcha reading now?

I just finished 'The Help' and have started 'Making Your Mind Up' by Jill Mansell. I figured I could use some mindless chick lit that's not gonna make my cry.

Alaska-Su February 26th, 2012 10:48 PM

Re: Watcha reading now?

I just finished reading Entwined by Heather Dixon. It's a little twist on the fairytale The Shoes That Were Danced to Pieces (aka The 12 Dancing Princesses). I LOVED it.

I'm about to start on Mastiff by Tamora Pierce. It's her newest book. But first I need to finish my Beauty and the Beast earrings.

Story February 27th, 2012 05:47 AM

I've started reading The Price Of Free Will.
The author is a friend of mine :) Christopher Dorda :)

Bella Nyxe February 27th, 2012 05:36 PM

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Tweetybabies March 1st, 2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukiSumah (Post 25676123)
I've started reading The Price Of Free Will.
The author is a friend of mine :) Christopher Dorda :)

How cool!

I just finished reading Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. It was okay. I think I might have forgotten too much of the first book.

I started reading Linger by Maggie Steifvater.

Bella Nyxe March 2nd, 2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweetybabies (Post 25694385)
How cool!

I just finished reading Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. It was okay. I think I might have forgotten too much of the first book.

I started reading Linger by Maggie Steifvater.

i loved BOTH of those books! i dident know you liked this genra. :heart:

Hazel March 3rd, 2012 09:04 PM

My kids hid my book and I was close to the end :/ So I'm reading Persuasion by Jane Austen until I find that darn book...

Tweetybabies March 5th, 2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthlysoul (Post 25700307)
i loved BOTH of those books! i dident know you liked this genra. :heart:

I discovered the YA in recent years. I'm learning to diversify my reading. :D I like them bc they are great, light reads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazel (Post 25704639)
My kids hid my book and I was close to the end :/ So I'm reading Persuasion by Jane Austen until I find that darn book...

:giggle: Sorry, I had to laugh at this. I hope you find your book soon!

I'm reading Forever by Maggie Stiefvater and Eve by Iris Johansen on my Nook.

I like the Wolves of Mercy Falls series much better than the Hush, Hush series. The writing, the storyline...

I've been putting off reading the Eve trilogy. I guess I can't put it off any longer. Once I do, I will finally find out once and for all, after all these years, what happened to Bonnie... :o I guess that's why I've been putting it off. I've loved the Eve Duncan series and don't want to see it end. :sneak:

Hazel March 5th, 2012 11:39 AM

They only seem to hide the books that I really really want to find out what happens :lol: If I am *meh* about the book, they leave it alone :p

Josie+Shpala March 5th, 2012 01:13 PM

The Lost World of Nicholas and Alexandra by Peter Christopher

cheezpoofs March 8th, 2012 06:06 PM

In preparation for the movie, I am reading through The Hunger Games again. I LOVE this book!

The boys and I are reading through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I have started but haven't gotten far yet in The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.

Tweetybabies March 8th, 2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheezpoofs (Post 25729682)
In preparation for the movie, I am reading through The Hunger Games again. I LOVE this book!

:waves: Veann! Good to see you here again! I loved the first 2 books in the series but Mockingjay left me a bit discontented. Do you know if they are making all three into movies or just the first one?

I finished Forever. I definitely liked this series.

I'm almost finished with Eve. I think I might be able to finish tonight before I go to sleep.

magz88 March 9th, 2012 06:29 AM

I am on a Jill Mansell run. I have read 2 others of hers since the first and have one more to read and I'll have finished all the ones of hers that they have in the library.

Tweetybabies March 9th, 2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magz88 (Post 25731572)
I am on a Jill Mansell run. I have read 2 others of hers since the first and have one more to read and I'll have finished all the ones of hers that they have in the library.

Are Jill Mansell books chick lit or romance? I have a bunch of her books on my phone, that I got as freebies a while back. Since you've read them all, I assume they are good. :D

I finished Eve. Which left off with a HUGE cliffhanger. Thank goodness I have the rest of the trilogy. I'm trying to decide whether to jump right into Quinn or restrain myself and take a little breather with another ebook.

I also started Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah.

magz88 March 18th, 2012 08:08 AM

I started 'Water for Elephants' by Sarah Gruen and am absolutely loving it.

Hazel March 18th, 2012 03:24 PM

We read that for the book club here :) It took months to get it from the library, though lol

magz88 March 18th, 2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazel (Post 25774658)
We read that for the book club here :) It took months to get it from the library, though lol

A woman from work lent it to me. I will probably rent the movie when I am done (if it's out).

Tweetybabies March 19th, 2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magz88 (Post 25773614)
I started 'Water for Elephants' by Sarah Gruen and am absolutely loving it.

I loved the book, too. Sara Gruen is a great storyteller. I have Ape House on my nightstand right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazel (Post 25774658)

I remember it took you forever! lol Did you ever tell us what you thought of the book?

I just finished Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. Wow, what a powerful book. She certainly knows how to tug on heartstrings.

I think I'll pick up a cozy for my next read. I need something more lighthearted!

And I am still working on Quinn on my nook.

Hazel March 19th, 2012 07:16 PM

I don't think I ever made it back to the discussion thread :p

magz88 March 19th, 2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweetybabies (Post 25777090)
I loved the book, too. Sara Gruen is a great storyteller. I have Ape House on my nightstand right now.

I might check that out.