JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Readers and Writers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/)
-   -   Haven't read? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/2628937-havent-read.html)

Jessimaaka February 24th, 2013 06:17 PM

Haven't read?

Name one book or series you've never read that everyone else seems to have.

I am ashamed to say...I have never read any of the Harry Potter books (or seen any of the movies).

plan4fate February 24th, 2013 06:35 PM

Re: Haven't read?

^^ Gasp!!!

I'm not sure how to answer this one actually. I tend to just get into book series late, but I eventually get in there.

Ohh... I've never read ANYTHING by Anne Rice.... I tried one book, and it gave me nightmares less than 4 chapters in.

Hazel February 24th, 2013 07:32 PM

Twilight and the fifty shades books. I have no intention of ever reading them despite many people in my circle raving about them :p

Bella Nyxe February 24th, 2013 07:55 PM

lord of the rings - i tried but i cant get past all the names and ...snorrrreeee. but i liked the movies :) also any of nicholas sparks books.

Carwen*Angel February 25th, 2013 01:26 AM

I haven't read or watched any Twilight, I have no interest in it.

Jen@FirsAve February 26th, 2013 02:32 PM

the fifty shades books and the lord of the rings. Neither really interest me so I probably wont ever read them!

Jessimaaka February 26th, 2013 03:40 PM

Oh dear...I'm the only Harry Potter one so far. I really need to get on them!

Hazel February 26th, 2013 05:38 PM

I resisted Harry Potter for several years but then someone bought me the first book. I felt obligated since they paid for it and then couldn't put it down :lol:

plan4fate February 26th, 2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve;27138569[B
]the fifty shades books[/B] and the lord of the rings. Neither really interest me so I probably wont ever read them!

Good one. I tried, I did... I made it about 18 pages or so on the kindle... and I was done. I've read a lot of crappy fan fics in my life.. but that just took the cake. Makes me sad that I know so many great writers that can't get published, but THAT could. ugh.

I've read each lotr book a half doze times :p

Carwen*Angel February 27th, 2013 12:23 AM

lol I like Fifty Shades, it's good fun. What I don't like is all the other authors who've jumped on the bandwagon and there is erotic fiction all over the shelves now at many bookstores. I won't be bothering to read any others.

Hazel February 27th, 2013 09:29 AM

I won a copy of Jane Eyre Laid Bare from Goodreads. Not a genre I normally read but I like Jane Eyre and it was free so I read it. AWFUL. I don't think the author bothered to actually read Jane Eyre but just lightly skimmed it.

Frozenoj February 28th, 2013 01:45 PM

I read a few chapters of the first Twilight book. It's one of the few books I never finished. Usually I will muddle through till the end even if I don't love the book but I just couldn't. I never even attempted to read 50 Shades (although I did read 50 Shades of Gray Matter and loved that). I've never read Wuthering Heights. I remember it being on the required reading list for my friends in high school and feeling lucky I was homeschooled so I didn't have to read it.

one.juniper March 1st, 2013 05:27 PM

You have got to be kidding me! If you aren't into fantasy you should at least try her new book A Casual Vacancy, it's very good.

ThaiSpice March 4th, 2013 03:46 PM

Oh, let's see...

Harry Potter...though I do think the movies are fun, and I'm not opposed to reading the books at some point
50 shades...not interested
Twilight...no thanks
Lord of the Rings...maybe. Someday.

One that I wish I hadn't read: Hunger Games. I read them all and truly did not enjoy them.
And I read the first of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books, and chose not to read the subsequent ones.