JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Readers and Writers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/)
-   -   What's the most you've paid? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/2637150-whats-most-youve-paid.html)

Carwen*Angel March 23rd, 2013 05:00 AM

What's the most you've paid?

For a book?

I'm thinking of text books, rare and out of print books, brand new hardbacks.

Was it worth it? :p

Genipher March 23rd, 2013 09:39 AM

Re: What's the most you've paid?

Just bought a brand new book called Trim Healthy Mama for $35.00. I've never spent so much on a book and it took me several months to decide if I was going to. So far, it's been worth it!

plan4fate March 23rd, 2013 12:36 PM

Text book? $275 and no it wasn't worth it. LOL.

Other than that... $25 tops.. my taking control of your fertility book in 2011. I have trouble spending $13 on a book. lol

Jessimaaka March 23rd, 2013 07:22 PM

I agree, textbooks are expensive and I've paid $300ish for them.

Other than that, maybe a hardcover as a gift? I never spend that much on ones for me!

ThaiSpice March 24th, 2013 06:47 AM

Definitely text books...I know I've paid $250+ for text books, and other than passing the class, no, not worth it. I've probably paid in the $35-$50 range for books for myself or as gifts before, but I'd prefer not to spend that much.

butterfly721 March 24th, 2013 12:16 PM

I think I had to pay $190 for a Psychology textbook once in college. It was an interesting read, but I wasn't a Psych major, so no, I guess it wasn't worth it.

plan4fate March 24th, 2013 07:04 PM

The worst part about buying my texts is they changed the book the next year, so I couldn't even sell them!

butterfly721 March 24th, 2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan4fate (Post 27225502)
The worst part about buying my texts is they changed the book the next year, so I couldn't even sell them!

Same thing happened to me!! :o

Jessimaaka March 25th, 2013 12:52 PM

:ditto: very frustrating indeed! Makes it really feel not worth it!

cheezpoofs March 26th, 2013 08:02 AM

College textbooks are such a ripoff and the new editions every year are a total scam. I have bought many several hundred dollar textbooks.

Other than that, I spent $52 to get a particularly difficult to find out of print book to complete my collection. I now have every one in the series and consider it TOTALLY worth the cost.

Bella Nyxe March 29th, 2013 08:14 AM

text books were the m ost expensive - no not worth it. you could get the same knowledge for a lot less. even free :(

on a book to keep....umm maybe $30. i usually get t he best bargin i can for them though :(

Carwen*Angel April 5th, 2013 11:02 AM

I suppose I was lucky with my English degree because it was mostly literature we had to buy, there were odd textbooks that were 20-35 and I suppose that's the most I've ever paid for any book ever.

My text books for my crystal healing course were also 25 apiece. Those ones were worth it. I still have them and they're so full of knowledge.

Most I've ever paid for a fiction book was also 25, for an out of print Pingu hardcover storybook - Daniel had this particular book for 5 from a bargain shop for his first Christmas, and it got so loved and used that the moving pictures fell apart. I searched high and low on the net to get a new one for his Easter a couple of years ago. It was REALLY hard to get hold of. Oh to have had the foresight to buy another 5 one when there was a great big pile in the shop, but you just can't predict which books and toys your kids are gonna love!

I did tell Daniel how hard it had been to get him that book and bless, it's one of his prized possessions.