JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Readers and Writers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/)
-   -   Coffee Time (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/2662264-coffee-time.html)

Carwen*Angel June 29th, 2013 03:32 AM

Coffee Time

It's the weekend ladies!

Pull up a pew, grab a coffee and let's have a weekend natter. :)

What have you been up to recently? This week? What's coming up next week?

What have you been reading or looking forward to reading soon?

Do you have kids off school? How have you been keeping them busy?

...Or talk about whatever else you want to talk about. It would just be nice to catch up. :)

ThaiSpice June 30th, 2013 12:14 PM

This week is my last week of maternity leave. I've been trying to make the most of it by doing fun things with the girls that I don't normally get to do. I did start a book (Altercation, by Tamara Hart Heiner), but haven't gotten very far. I've been working out again, and that feels good. That's about it!

Hazel July 2nd, 2013 09:21 PM

Re: Coffee Time

The boys have been off school for several weeks but Sterling is getting ready to start his summer camp program through school next week. He is VERY excited--he went last year and he loved it :)

We recently switched pediatricians and the new ones are getting things moving! Our old ped didn't want to do anything but write prescriptions :\ Means the summer is going to be very very busy for me, though--lots of appointments and driving. My oldest got a referral to help with his anxiety and ADHD, my four year old is starting the evaluation process for autism, and Iz is heading for the orthopedist about her toe-walking and slight limp as well as her normally scheduled cardio stuff.

Carwen*Angel July 3rd, 2013 11:08 AM

Sounds like a lot of progress for your kids there Hazel! Aww Kimberly, sorry your mat leave is coming to an end. :( Sucks, doesn't it? I'll be right there with you in September. :dothug:

I've just been really busy with my angel readings. They took off in a big way after I did a promotional event on my FB page. Not just from that but a lady from Babycenter had a TTC reading and since then lots of other ladies have also come to me for one.

Also busy party planning! Daniel's birthday is in August but as that is summer holidays, when we last tried to do a party for his schoolfriends on the day, hardly any of them could come due to people being away etc. So this time, we've made it before end of term, July 14th, so that more of them can come. He's having a "Film n Fun" party so I've been sourcing costumes (Daniel is going as Garfield, Michaela as Supergirl and me as a Pink Lady from Grease) and buying paper tableware, party favours, prizes and some of the non-perishable food.

Jessimaaka July 3rd, 2013 11:48 AM

I'm so glad things are picking up with your readings Sharron!!!!

Just hanging out here and enjoying the end of my mat leave as well. Chasing my 10 month around who is practically running. I am having dental surgery next week and family is helping take care of Cam so I get to relax and plan to catch up on some reading (unless I have a headache and need to sleep).

Hazel July 4th, 2013 01:10 PM

I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

Bella Nyxe July 4th, 2013 03:00 PM

boys are out of school atm. im about to start a book that is the last in the trilogy.

hope all is well :)

Carwen*Angel July 5th, 2013 06:13 AM

Nice to see you Bella! :)

Bella Nyxe July 5th, 2013 09:22 PM

:D You made my heart feel all warm! THANK you Sharron :heart: good to see you too

Carwen*Angel July 6th, 2013 04:37 AM

Where've you been girlie? :p

Bella Nyxe July 6th, 2013 07:11 AM

My dh was home for a month and half. We did vacation, and family time things but not a lot of computer time. He is back at work now so more writing time for me. Boys go back to school on July 31st so I will have even more time then :)

Hows the beautiful baby and the big bro doing?

Carwen*Angel July 11th, 2013 09:33 AM

They are doing ok thanks hon! My son isn't on summer break yet - another week to go. Then we have some away time planned.

Hazel July 15th, 2013 05:34 AM

We kept hoping to sneak another camping trip in this summer but its been raining and raining and raining :\ And now the husband started a second job and he works seven nights a week now :( Ah, well, maybe he will get the way better job he is interviewing for in a few weeks (won't start until sept if he gets it, though) and he can work a "normal" schedule :p

I believe you told us before where you were going but I have forgotten--where will your holiday be?

Carwen*Angel July 18th, 2013 09:21 AM

Me, DP and baby are going to Lincolnshire on Saturday to stay with his family for around a week - Daniel is going away with his dad at the same time.

Then 2 weeks later, we are all going to stay in a caravan in Wales near the coast for a week. :)

I'm going to post separately for anyone who doesn't post in the coffee time thread so they know I am away. That's why I've been MIA, wrapping up work things and packing etc.

Awww sorry you didn't get another camping trip in honey. Any possibility of any day trips or anything like that instead? That's what we do when we can't get away, but we have a great choices of parks, museums and there's even 2 zoos and seaside within reach of us for day trips.

The Lesha July 28th, 2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie (Post 27485320)
It's the weekend ladies!

Pull up a pew, grab a coffee and let's have a weekend natter. :)

What have you been up to recently? This week? What's coming up next week?

What have you been reading or looking forward to reading soon?

Do you have kids off school? How have you been keeping them busy?

...Or talk about whatever else you want to talk about. It would just be nice to catch up. :)

Im so behind on all things JM. Summer is keeping me busy!! My boys go back to school aug 8, CANT WAIT!!!!

Most recent, Ive got a sick DH passing a kidney stone.. so you can imagine how fun my days are right now... Grr... if he doesnt go back to work tomorow, I may scream (hes been out since Thursday)

My baby girl turned 1 June 14th!!

A few weeks ago we went to Jellystone in KY to meet up with my girls from March 08 here on Jm. That was AMAZING!!!! :D

I just finished reading another mary higgins clark book that I found at my moms, and am currently TRYING to read Vital Signs by Robin Cook. The first chaper is a bunch of doctor words... whew... hope there is a story in there somewhere...

Carwen*Angel July 29th, 2013 07:06 AM

You sound busy Lesha! Nice to see you about, though, thanks for stopping in!

I'm just in the middle of two week-long holidays...last week we went to stay with Shaun's family with Michaela while Daniel went away with his dad. Next week we're all off to Wales together for a family holiday.

The main jobs this week are all kids' birthday related. I have bought or ordered the bulk of their presents. I have made invitations and a FB event page for our family & close friends tea party at the end of August. Just need to send out the paper invitations (waiting to print them as baby is currently asleep) and then that's it for this week apart from packing of course lol.

I may stop in a few times this week before I'm off again. ;)

Hazel July 29th, 2013 08:40 PM

I had a kidney stone while pregnant with Iz. WORST PAIN EVER. It took over an hour on a continuous morphine drip to bring me down from screaming so loud the entire ward could hear me to whimpering in my bed :\ I have no idea how people manage to pass those things at home--I was in hospital with my morphine the whole time :lol:

I really hope your husband is better soon!

The Lesha July 29th, 2013 09:42 PM

Thanks Hazel! He tried to go to work today but the pain was unbearable, he left within the hour and went to the dr who sent him for a ct scan, hes been to the dr 3 times since thursday. We are hoping and praying the stone is passable, the ct scan should tell us what to expect. If he has to have surgery we are out alot, hes almost used all his vacation days with being out, a surgery would make things worse. Im trying to do what I can, Ive been the nice wife bringing him fluids and meds and what not... but with 3 "other" kids its getting to be CRAZY. I had gallstones, horrid attacks and even I didnt act like that much of a baby..... lol

PinkHurricane July 30th, 2013 06:58 AM

First let me say I didn't even realize there was a board like this, so now I am geeking out!!!

Currently I just started reading A Game of Thrones and I am loving it! I also want to check out the Sookie Stackhouse series and of course get recommendations for other books. I am big book worm, since I was 3 years old :D

My husband and I are spending today cleaning and getting our house ready before we leave to go to the airport a few hours from here to pick up some good friends of ours who will be staying with us for a few days, and then we are going on our delayed and much anticipated honeymoon on Saturday!

Carwen*Angel July 31st, 2013 05:50 AM

:dothug: Lesha, hopefully the stone is passable and hubby will be better soon. I think it's generally true that women "soldier on" in a way that men often don't though obviously it depends on the individual.

Welcome Pink! Sometimes people don't find the smaller boards because they're so far down the list. I do occasionally go up to the welcome center or post invites on other boards to get the word out, but haven't had time recently. :)

Busy week for me, was away last week and am away next week. Have had stuff to do for my FB page, stuff to do for my new job starting September, and of course washing and re-packing (that's next!) this week not to mention generally catching up lol.