JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Readers and Writers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/)
-   -   Matched Trilogy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f67-readers-and-writers/2695313-matched-trilogy.html)

Rainbow Momma November 29th, 2013 10:00 AM

Matched Trilogy

Anyone read these books? I just picked them up from the library but then i just went on to goodreads and it has awful reviews. anyone here read them?

ThaiSpice November 30th, 2013 05:51 AM

No, I haven't. Who wrote them? Have you started them yet? Might be worth a try still--sometimes my taste in books is way different from the popular opinion.

Rainbow Momma November 30th, 2013 06:26 AM

Re: Matched Trilogy

They're by Ally Condie. im still going to give them a chance, i was just surprised at those reviews!

Bella Nyxe November 30th, 2013 01:22 PM

I have not read them yet but they are on my to read list.

Rachel December 2nd, 2013 10:42 AM

I have not.

Rainbow Momma December 2nd, 2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella Nyxe (Post 27829356)
I have not read them yet but they are on my to read list.

I will have to let you know how they are!

Bella Nyxe December 2nd, 2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbow Momma (Post 27832429)
I will have to let you know how they are!

yes please! have you already started the trilogy? I could get it and read it with you:D

Rainbow Momma December 3rd, 2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella Nyxe (Post 27833473)
yes please! have you already started the trilogy? I could get it and read it with you:D

Im actually starting it today!

Rainbow Momma December 4th, 2013 06:55 AM

Bella, were you able to get the book? Ive only made it to chapter 7.

Bella Nyxe December 4th, 2013 12:51 PM

yes! the first one. I fell asleep last night so im about to start it now :) ill try to read at least to chapter 7

Rainbow Momma December 5th, 2013 11:44 AM

ok! i had almost no chance to read yesterday or im in training all day practically at work today so i havent had much oppertunity to read today either so im only a couple pages into chapter 7 (page 90 but i have the large print version lol)

Bella Nyxe December 5th, 2013 05:50 PM

im now in chapter 9!

I really like the story so far... im not saying anything more until I know where you are. I don't want to accidently say anything, but this .... their "Society" is intriguing me and I want to know more.

I wonder if the voice of cassia (like her thoughts voice) will be changing soon, along with the story? It seems almost robotic (or computerized) to me, but im not sure if its just me or if the author intended it that way. what so you think?

Rainbow Momma December 6th, 2013 09:13 AM

Ya im not much futher than i was yesterday, maybe a page lol but is def interesting, there has to be some form of revolt coming soon, im at the final banquet for the grandfather and i feel like he's trying to almost provoke cassia into a type of revolt

Rainbow Momma December 7th, 2013 09:01 AM

I am actually getting some reading done today! who knows, i may be able to finsih the whole thing (its a real quik read, i have large print and its only 400 pages). but i havent made up my mind whether i actually like it or not, its def peaked my curiousity but im not sure if im a fan of the writing style, like you said it is kinda robotic.

Bella Nyxe December 7th, 2013 04:23 PM

aha! so its not just me. so im wondering if this is on purpose? im on chapter 20. getting house ready for guest tomorrow but im hoping to read som more tonight and maybe finish it tomorrow night. ugh. real life gets in the way of my reading life arrrggg.. lol

Happy Readings !!!

Rainbow Momma December 10th, 2013 11:53 AM

i hear ya! i just made it to chapter 17. im in training all week so its hard to get some reading in but im gonna try my best.

it very well might be on purpose, i guess we'll know when we get to the end!

Bella Nyxe December 11th, 2013 01:37 PM

I feel like the character is "waking up".

that sleep tag is sticking in my mind. im sure I will see it again soon in the book. btu where is it. ugh.

tonight is the first night that I will have enough time to really get into reading.

Rainbow Momma December 12th, 2013 11:20 AM

do you feel like Cassia started being kind of defiant out of nowhere? I feel like one minute she was fine, although she has feelings for Ky, and set on marrying Xander. but then bam all of a sudden she hates the society? I feel like there was no gradual realization, it just happened.

Bella Nyxe December 12th, 2013 03:24 PM

I think she was warming up to all the hate. she started to distrust when ky turned up on her match card. then with her g pa and all the things after that she was building up her distrust and didn't realize it while it was happening. so it does seem like she realized it all at once. kinds like she abruptly woke up from a dream.

her "voice" or the authors writing is starting to be less robotic sounding to me.

where are you in the book? have you finished yet? iv not finished but im going to read more tonight. :)

Rainbow Momma December 13th, 2013 11:43 AM

i havent made much progress im in the middle of chapter 21.

i can tell its becoming slightly less robotic as well