JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f421-recurrent-loss-graduates-playroom/)
-   -   What do you think "worked" for you? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f421-recurrent-loss-graduates-playroom/2061897-what-do-you-think-worked-for-you.html)

ambee August 3rd, 2010 12:52 PM

What do you think "worked" for you?

Is there any one thing in particular that you think helped result in your rainbow baby?

After being tested for everything under the sun, several times, my doctors put me on progesterone supplements for the first 12 weeks and baby asprin throughout the entire pregnancy (up until I started going into preterm labor). I am fully convinced that baby asprin saved her life. So what was your magic solution?

DawnN September 15th, 2010 07:41 PM

Re: What do you think "worked" for you?

I think it was a combination of all of the meds. I had to be on Metformin throughout the entire pg.'s for PCOS. Thyroid meds. The progesterone shots...I had extremely low progesterone with my son (only 5). The heparin, baby aspirin, extra folic acid and prednisone for MTHFR blood clotting condition.

Gaby&Emmy'sMama October 25th, 2010 08:30 PM

I don't know that it was a 'magic' solution, but with Emersyn we BD HEEEEAPS while I was ovulating, rather than 2 or 3 times... Glad we did too, because I O'd 2-3 days earlier than usual, and if we'd followed our usual BD 'schedule' we'd have probably missed out

Gaby... we BD & literally 5 minutes later I felt myself ovulate...

so perhaps timing was the magic solution for me

Nykoal October 25th, 2010 10:03 PM

Nothing changed. For me it's genetics and a crap shoot. :(

ambee October 26th, 2010 10:20 AM

Well at least it's a crapshoot that worked twice in your favor. I can imagine how hard it is knowing that every time is just a numbers game though. Hugs Nicole.

LisaB November 10th, 2011 11:02 PM

Hard to say. We did so much. My twins were conceived with IVF + PGD + multiple drugs for me. I thought the PGD was the reason we had success.

Then, I had Ben, when we weren't even trying, I'd only had one period since the twins were born (due to breastfeeding), and doctors said I had only a 1% chance of ever conceiving on my own. Just think how mathematically astronomical those odds are. So much so that logically speaking, I must have conceived Ben for one of three reasons:

1. I was eating healthy. Sounds strange I know, but your body's hormones are greatly affected by your immune system and stress hormones, and a healthy diet does wonders for stabilizing your immune system and decreasing stress hormones. I was breastfeeding, and I ate really well, no sweets, the healthiest foods, organic as often as I could. I also ate a lot, because I wasn't making enough milk for the twins, not sure if that would make a difference.

2. I wasn't drinking. Studies show that alcohol, ANY alcohol, even MONTHS before you TTC, can affect your egg quality. I gave up drinking 4 months prior to my IVF, my RE said it should have been 6, and I wasn't a heavy drinker, just a glass of wine every other day or so. And of course I stayed off drinking while I was bf-ing, and therefore when I conceived.

3. I tried a procedure called lymphocyte immune therapy (LIT). It is not available in the U.S., therefore I had to cross the border to Mexico to have it done. Yes I was desperate. :) It wasn't expensive, around $400, and all it is is having a little of your husband's white blood cells injected just under the skin of your forearm. Like an allergy shot, which is basically what it is. This was under the suggestion of the reproductive immunologist I saw. My RE thought he was a quack. I have no idea, but the procedure was harmless enough so I went ahead and did it. It's supposedly a permanent fix, so maybe that's why Ben came along.

geogeek November 11th, 2011 07:37 AM

I am convinced that it is because I started taking a baby aspirin. I have always had horrible periods with clots. Once I was on the baby aspirin for 3 months, my periods were not painful and didn't have the clotting with it. We got pregnant with Marsi the next cycle.