JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f421-recurrent-loss-graduates-playroom/)
-   -   How are all of our rainbow mommas doing? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f421-recurrent-loss-graduates-playroom/2230395-how-all-our-rainbow-mommas-doing.html)

ambee January 26th, 2011 10:28 AM

How are all of our rainbow mommas doing?

We're doing well over here! We're busy planning Grace's 2nd birthday party for this weekend. :/ I can't believe my little sweetie is almost 2. It honestly seems like just yesterday that I brought her home from the hospital, a first time, terrified mom. In the past month I feel like the last vestiges of my baby have fallen away. The crib changed into a toddler bed, the changing table came down, the diapers have been relegated to night time only...the list goes on and on. I feel like I put my baby to bed last night and woke up to a kid. It's just so bittersweet.

How is everyone else doing?

austinmommy3 February 3rd, 2011 10:31 AM

Re: How are all of our rainbow mommas doing?

We are doing alright, Abbi has become an even bigger girl than she was and it makes me tear up that she will be in first grade later this year. Christian is doing alright, has an appointment today and may need surgery which I am extremely terrified of and my over protective mommy side fears losing him.

esparando para bebé February 3rd, 2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinmommy3 (Post 22953859)
We are doing alright, Abbi has become an even bigger girl than she was and it makes me tear up that she will be in first grade later this year. Christian is doing alright, has an appointment today and may need surgery which I am extremely terrified of and my over protective mommy side fears losing him.

Lurker...sort of...do I count as a lurker here? :lol:

I wanted to offer big hugs to you. :dothug: I can only imagine how scary it must be to think of him having surgery! How did the appointment go?

austinmommy3 February 4th, 2011 09:47 AM

The doctor said we can hold off for a while since it doesn't seem to be causing any pain. It is a size-able hernia but she is hopeful his muscles will grow together and take care of it naturally.

Gaby&Emmy'sMama February 8th, 2011 06:06 PM

My two are doing well... Emersyn is 8 months old next week & seems to be growing so fast.. she's sitting on her own, and everyday seems more like a little girl, than a baby... Gaby is 4 & is starting to become so clever, I love it! she's all about the alphabet at the moment, and is constantly telling me what letter objects etc start with. I'm good, just plodding along everyday, amazed at how fast my two are growing up & a little sad I'll never have a newborn again!

DawnN February 24th, 2011 06:28 AM

We're doing well here...other than a viral sinus ick that hit our house. I'm actually listening to my two youngest "sickies" as they play the piano and sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". They're so cute! Sarah is in Kindergarten, I'm homeschooling her now, and she's READING!!! Way too fast for mommy!

docsmomma February 25th, 2011 11:01 PM

The kidlets are doing good.

David (granted not a rainbow baby but still...) is loving cub scouts. he earned 13 belt loops and 12 academics pins last night at the blue and gold.

Melanie is loving girl scouts and has sold close to 300 boxes!

Joey, well Joey is being Joey. Hes going to be the one who gives me gray hair! LOL He is extremely active (I still wanna know who is feeding him energizer batteries... he keeps going, and going, and going) and finding new ways to scare me every day... but I will take those scares over the ones he has given us the past 2 yrs.