JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Joining here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2064304-joining-here.html)

MeganMomof5 August 5th, 2010 03:54 PM

Joining here

I guess I qualify to join this board now :(...My name is Megan, i'm 30 years old, mother of 4 living children...I've had 3 losses in the last almost 10 months...Ella Grace was stillborn October 14th, and I miss her more every day...I also had a miscarriage and D&C at 15 weeks on April 6, 2010, and just recently on August 3rd a natural miscarriage at 9 weeks, which was really hard...I'm told nothing is wrong with me, and it's just a case of "bad luck", but it's hard for me to feel that way...I don't understand how I can have 4 healthy children, no problems at all, and then lose 3, 2 of which were in the 2nd trimester...I think my recent loss was due to sch...I started bleeding at 7 weeks 2 days and thought things were getting better....I Went to the dr at 8 weeks and the baby had grown, and the bleed was smaller...I got some blood tests done today, but I was told they probably wouldn't find anything wrong with me, so I guess i'll just wait and see...I also had thyroid cancer and had my thyroid removed in September while I was pregnant with Ella...I'm told that my thyroid is not the cause of my pregnancy losses...So that's about it, I hope you guys don't mind if I post, or lurk :)

hollann1984 August 5th, 2010 04:02 PM

Re: Joining here

Welcome! Im so sorry for your losses. Ive seen you around on a few of the other boards.

ambee August 5th, 2010 04:54 PM

I'm so sorry to have to welcome you here. Though it's a sad board to have to be a part of, I fully believe and hope you will find some sort of comfort by joining us. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

I'm Amber. :) I had 3 losses, 2 early and at 16 week loss as well. All losses are devastating, of course...but having gone through a 2nd trimester loss once it absolutely breaks my heart that you've had to go through it twice. Some things just should not be allowed. :(

That being said, have you had any testing done yet? If so, what tests? I went through a battery of tests myself and was still told nothing was really wrong. Finally, I got my rainbow baby, Grace. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! You are welcome to lurk, of course, though I sincerely hope you'll feel comfortable enough to continue posting as well. Big hugs, you are one strong momma. :)

ZoeChloeMommy August 5th, 2010 06:40 PM

Sad, but warm welcome. I'm Meagan and DH is Nathan. We have had 3 losses and are currently seeing the RE to see what the problem is.

Please feel free to add your dates to the sticky. I hope you are able to find comfort in this board like so many have.

esparando para bebé August 6th, 2010 06:17 AM

A sad, but warm welcome to the board. My husband and I have had four losses, with the latest being at 11 weeks. I also had a ton of blood work only to be told that while I do have a clotting disorder the cause of our losses is likely genetic (even though karyotyping was normal). I sincerely hope you get more concrete answers than I have and that you are able to get that precious rainbow baby soon.