JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   DH/SOs Parents (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2065736-dh-sos-parents.html)

ZoePaigesMommy August 7th, 2010 06:18 AM

DH/SOs Parents

How do DH/SOs parents feel about your struggle with RPL?

MommytoaMiracle August 7th, 2010 06:46 AM

Re: DH/SOs Parents

Actually, alot less supportive than I expected.
I'm only 21 & we started at 18, so they thought we were way too young to be trying anyway...
My MIL basically told me that there's a reason we aren't having any successful pregnancies together...(Hint Hint)

Yea.

ZoePaigesMommy August 7th, 2010 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommyto4AngelBabies (Post 21117497)
Actually, alot less supportive than I expected.
I'm only 21 & we started at 18, so they thought we were way too young to be trying anyway...
My MIL basically told me that there's a reason we aren't having any successful pregnancies together...(Hint Hint)

Yea.

I got that too because our first loss was in 2006, I was just 17 and DH was 20, then I got it again after the 2nd one and I wanted to chop her head off, but now she has come around to the idea.

esparando para bebé August 7th, 2010 07:15 AM

My MIL has admittedly cried over our losses. She basically just tells me she's praying for us and God has a plan.

hollann1984 August 7th, 2010 07:37 AM

my MIL isnt that supportive. She keeps telling other family members about our struggles eventhough i have told her over and over again not to tell anyone anything. If we ever had to do IUI or IVF i wouldnt be able to tell her cause she is a very catholic woman and the catholic church doesnt agree with it.

MeganMomof5 August 7th, 2010 09:20 AM

They are very unsupportive of us...When we lost Ella, they didn't even send a sympathy card or even call...I think FIL called once when I was in the hospital being induced, but they never called back...I also hate how FIL calls, but never MIL...She also emailed me after and compared how I was doing things to DH's sister since she also had a stillborn baby girl, I'm not sure of the weeks, but it was somewhere around 5 months...It really hurt that she was comparing, and I felt like she didn't care about us or our baby any way...it actually caused a lot of resentment and when I got pregnant again she never even congratulated us, which bugged me and then when I lost the baby at 15 weeks she sent us each a message on FACEBOOK saying "I'm sorry for your loss, my condolences are with you" and it was really un personal and hurtful, since that's DH's mother, and it was her grandchild....I emailed her back and went off on her, and I haven't talked to her sense...I deleted her off of my facebook before I mentioned my last pregnancy, so I'm not even sure if she knew I was pregnant...I won't tell them about my latest loss...They probably think that since we have 4 kids (We have more kids than anyone else in their family) that it doesn't matter that we keep losing babies.

ambee August 8th, 2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeganMomof5 (Post 21118539)
They are very unsupportive of us...When we lost Ella, they didn't even send a sympathy card or even call...I think FIL called once when I was in the hospital being induced, but they never called back...I also hate how FIL calls, but never MIL...She also emailed me after and compared how I was doing things to DH's sister since she also had a stillborn baby girl, I'm not sure of the weeks, but it was somewhere around 5 months...It really hurt that she was comparing, and I felt like she didn't care about us or our baby any way...it actually caused a lot of resentment and when I got pregnant again she never even congratulated us, which bugged me and then when I lost the baby at 15 weeks she sent us each a message on FACEBOOK saying "I'm sorry for your loss, my condolences are with you" and it was really un personal and hurtful, since that's DH's mother, and it was her grandchild....I emailed her back and went off on her, and I haven't talked to her sense...I deleted her off of my facebook before I mentioned my last pregnancy, so I'm not even sure if she knew I was pregnant...I won't tell them about my latest loss...They probably think that since we have 4 kids (We have more kids than anyone else in their family) that it doesn't matter that we keep losing babies.

What?!? What the h-e-double hockey sticks is wrong with that woman? I am seriously fuming for you right now. :mad: It sounds to me like she's not worthy of knowing your sweet babies anyways. How does DH react to that???

My in-laws are really pretty supportive. When we lost our 1st they didn't really say a whole lot about it. When we lost Sophie I really think it broke their hearts. That was probably the hardest part about how supportive they are. I kind of always feel like I have to make them feel better, along with trying to fix myself. But they really have been wonderful for the most part.

austinmommy3 August 8th, 2010 05:32 PM

My ex-mil was very supportive when Makenzie was born still. It was then I found out that she twins that were born still at 32 weeks. I encouraged her to name them and we had small stones made with their names that are at Makenzie's grave. Even after our divorce and the losses Chris and I have suffered, she is still wonderful. She calls constantly to see how I am with this pregnancy and always remembers my dr. appointments. Chris's mother is also very supportive she has all the dates on her calendars and always calls.