JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Two for Tuesday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2076295-two-for-tuesday.html)

ZoeChloeMommy August 17th, 2010 08:58 PM

Two for Tuesday

When you were a child, did you plan on having children one day?

When you experienced your first loss did you think you would be where you currently are?

MommytoaMiracle August 18th, 2010 02:40 AM

Re: Two for Tuesday

I ALWAYS wanted to be a "stay-home" Mommy. ALWAYS.
I grew up around children my entire life, as my mother had an In-Home Childcare.
I've always had that maternal side.
After my first loss, I still thought everything would be fine. After my second loss, I started to notice something really wasn't right. After my 3rd loss, I knew something was deff wrong, & after my 4th loss, I'm SO scared to try again.
Because despite what I want...This is my life & I am deff "here".

esparando para bebé August 18th, 2010 06:09 AM

When you were a child, did you plan on having children one day? Not when I was little. Around puberty I decided I would adopt a preschooler, then my senior year I watched two friends go through pregnancy and decided I wanted to experience that.

When you experienced your first loss did you think you would be where you currently are? No. My first loss really wasn't that hard on me at the time. We were NOT ready for a child. I knew that. Dominic was very much a surprise conceived the very month I started bcp. That being said, I figured we had used our bad luck and that there was no reason to worry about the future pregnancies.

ambee August 18th, 2010 08:19 AM

Yes, I always dreamed of having a family of my own. I was the oldest of 4 siblings so it seemed like there were always babies around when I was growing up.

No, when I had my first loss it never occurred to me that I would have a much harder road to tow than the average woman. My first loss was hard because DH left that week for 6 months of Army training, but other than that I figured it was a one shot deal. After we lost Sophie, the terror of pregnancies really set in.

Happy Song August 18th, 2010 10:00 PM

When you were a child, did you plan on having children one day?

I always wanted children. I married young with the intent to having a dozen children!

When you experienced your first loss did you think you would be where you currently are?

My first loss was after years of infertility with two successful adoptions, and two perfect pregnancies. I thought it was a fluke. My Doctor thinks loss two and three were flukes as well, I am very luck and in a good place. I was afraid I wouldn't get pregnant again as that was the bigger issue most of my life.

austinmommy3 August 19th, 2010 05:28 AM

When you were a child, did you plan on having children one day? I have always wanted children.

After my first loss, I like others thought it was a fluke, but then another miscarriage after that,and then Makenzie born still, I was convinced the odds were against me. I now have my Zach and Abbi, and another torturous pregnancy to go through currently, as much pain as I have suffered and as paranoid as I am right now, it also has shown me what an incredible miracle it is to carry a child and get them through a whole pregnancy, and in your arms. So many take that for granted.