JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Can you girls help me out with this?..... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/234755-can-you-girls-help-me-out.html)

ttc1012 June 22nd, 2006 02:07 PM

So, I had an ectopic last August with the surgery and all, I got my BFP 2 weeks ago-so that puts me right around 6 weeks-just under....however what im wondering for those of you that have had miscarriages in the past what were your symptoms and how did it happen? Ive been having my levels tested to monitor myself/baby to make sure i dont have another ectopic and my levels being tested every other day went from 44-86-465-525.....being that the last 2 numbers are only 60 apart, my dr is concerned bc i had terrible cramping on Monday-is it a good possibility that i may have had or am having a miscarriage? Im so stressed out and think that if I were to have 2 failed pregnancies that im pretty much "worthless" in holding onto a pregnancy.....any help would be great! thanks so much!

fallsbaby June 22nd, 2006 03:22 PM

Well I know they like to see the HCG numbers double every 48 hours. But I am no doctor so I dont know what your levels mean. Regardless you are not "worthless" in holding on to a pregnancy. I have had 2 losses and after getting some genetic counseling hope to maybe someday have another pregnancy. (My losses are due to a genetic defect)

Keep us updated if you can.

ttc1012 June 22nd, 2006 03:31 PM

thanks so much-its just sometimes i feel like i let myself and my husband down all the time......with the ectopic and now possibly this....maybe im wrong and when i get my bloodwork tomorrow things will be looking better....we'll see. I will keep you guys updated! My appts at 10:30......

calicocat June 22nd, 2006 05:13 PM

Have you been having any bleeding? I have had two normal pregnancies and four miscarriages. The ones that were normal had some mild cramping at the very beginning--around the time my period was due. They actually felt like menstrual cramps, and weren't really related to any bleeding. The ones I miscarried--some have had cramps and some haven't. That may not be any help to you, but that's my 2 cents.

beck12 June 22nd, 2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

So, I had an ectopic last August with the surgery and all, I got my BFP 2 weeks ago-so that puts me right around 6 weeks-just under....however what im wondering for those of you that have had miscarriages in the past what were your symptoms and how did it happen? Ive been having my levels tested to monitor myself/baby to make sure i dont have another ectopic and my levels being tested every other day went from 44-86-465-525.....being that the last 2 numbers are only 60 apart, my dr is concerned bc i had terrible cramping on Monday-is it a good possibility that i may have had or am having a miscarriage? Im so stressed out and think that if I were to have 2 failed pregnancies that im pretty much "worthless" in holding onto a pregnancy.....any help would be great! thanks so much![/b]

:( Please be sensitive that this is a multiple loss group...we have ALL had 2 or more losses, and I can assure you there are many things that can happen that can cause mc & it doesn't mean that anyone is worthless in maintaining a healhty pg. It made me very sad to see you write that because I don't believe that about myself, about you, or about anyone here. :wub:

If you are having no bleeding - then I would say you may still be fine. Cramping with bleeding is never good. Bleeding OR cramping (one OR the other) seems to be more likely to be okay - but terrible cramping (as you described) isn't necessarily a good sign - but it's something your Dr will have to monitor. When there '"feels" like there is a problem - we all want a clear cut answer....they just don't exist I'm afraid. I am sure your Dr could probably tell you better than we could what the actual likelihood is of whether you will mc or not. I believe with bleeding (without cramping) they estimate it's a 50/50 chance. I am not sure what the odds are with cramping - perhaps because I spotted before cramping started. :confused: I never asked my Dr that particular question. If you are unsure about those kinds of things & think it would help you to understand your "odds" I would give your Dr a call in the morning & ask for some clarification on your tests results. He should be very willing to give you mor einfo & answer whatever questions you may have. Take time tonight - or befor eyou call to think about everything you want to know & write a check-list so you don't forget something & write down his responses, it's amazing how hard it is to remember everything you want to ask & everything they tell you in response.

I wish you all the best-

4iris June 22nd, 2006 08:01 PM

I know it's frustrating going through the wondering and waiting, and it's so easy to be hard on yourself, but it does not make you worthless. Unfortunately, m/c happens once in every four to five pregnancies, so it's way more common than most people are aware. That means that every woman has at least a 20-25% chance of losing a pregnancy.

Try to relax as best you can, get tomorrow's results and talk to your doc to see what he thinks. Like Beck suggested, write up a list to make sure you get all your questions answered. We'll be here for you whenever you need us.

ttc1012 June 23rd, 2006 05:29 PM

I didnt mean to make any of you feel as if thats what you are-I just sometimes feel that way as I cannot provide a family for my husband and I....and Im sure as time passes that will be something that I will get past, but everyones situation is their own and thats just what Im feeling right now-not good I know, but in time I will be ok-I have to believe that. And just incase you guys didnt see-it was another ectopic they suspect, so they gave me the methotrexate shot to avoid surgery hopefully.....not a good day for me. Theres gotta be better days ahead......thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and words of encouragement.....

Saigon June 23rd, 2006 06:14 PM

I know the pain of miscarriage all to well and feeling as if you have a broken body. I have had 6 miscarriages.

My symptoms were cramping, dizziness and then complete loss of pregnancy symptoms. I also had really bad upper leg cramps with most of them...Dont worry things work out. I now have 2 perfect wonderful children..so it CAN happen after recurrent losses