JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Please Pray *A family member's Pregnancy/complications mentioned* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2448785-please-pray-family-members-pregnancy-complications-mentioned.html)

MountainMomma November 14th, 2011 06:48 PM

Please Pray *A family member's Pregnancy/complications mentioned*

My cousin is 17 and pregnant. She is due December 31. She is on her way to the hospital right now (7:45 central time) with bleeding and severe cramping. A few things that she has said over the past few days has been making me nervous, and now with this........

I know that with God, anything is possible. Please pray that my cousin and her baby are both fine.

UPDATE ( 9:45 central time) She was in labor. She is dilated to 1 1/2. They gave her meds to try and stop the contractions. She will be monitored for a while. If the contractions stop she will be coming home. If not, she will be transferred to the trauma/children's hospital (where there is a NICU) for delivery. Praying they can keep the baby baking as long as possible.

UPDATE (10:30 pm central) She is in labor again. She is being transferred to the bigger hospital because the contractions are back and won't stop. It's looking like baby will be making his appearance 7 weeks early.

UPDATE (10:00 am) They were able to significantly slow her contractions to a point where they are no longer regular or progressive. If nothing changes, they will send her home tomorrow. We appreciate your continued prayers. It's going to be a long 7 weeks at this rate.

LisaB November 14th, 2011 09:24 PM

Re: Please Pray *A family member's Pregnancy/complications mentioned*

Keeping your cousin & baby in my thoughts and prayers, Stephanie! Please KUP!

plan4fate November 14th, 2011 09:26 PM

Prayers for her!!

keep us posted Steph!

MountainMomma November 14th, 2011 09:33 PM

Thanks ladies. Keep them coming. Updated the original post.

plan4fate November 14th, 2011 10:10 PM

*hugs* for your cousin!

esparando para bebé November 15th, 2011 06:36 AM

Praying!

ShesaDreamer November 15th, 2011 07:52 AM

You cousin and her baby are in my thoughts! Any new updates?

MountainMomma November 15th, 2011 09:07 AM

Thanks ladies. I just posted the newest update. She had contractions all night and is exhausted and trying to rest now. Her contractions have been irregular and unproductive for about 2 hours now. Just praying they stay that way!

ZoeChloeMommy November 15th, 2011 01:36 PM

Praying for her!

MountainMomma November 17th, 2011 12:31 PM

Thank you so much for your continued prayers ladies. My cousin is now home (still pregnant!) and on complete bed rest for the foreseeable future. She is only allowed out of bed to go to the doctor's office. She has an appointment today to check for further dilation. Praying there hasn't been any. She will be monitored very closely from this point forward. They have given her steroids to help with the baby's lung development already just to be safe, and they are a bit concerned because he's measuring on the small side, but all in all, things are going well.