JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Time to introduce myself (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2450399-time-to-introduce-myself.html)

Kayla0308 November 17th, 2011 02:44 PM

Time to introduce myself

Hello Ladies,

My name is Kayla - I'm in the middle of my 3rd miscarriage. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with me. I'm taking this one fairly well, No crying at all. I think i got that all out after my first U/S when the baby was measuring 2 weeks behind! I just KNEW the u/s tech was wrong. Guess not. I started to spot on Sunday, and then it stopped but I wanted to call my dr office on monday morning to see what they wanted to do. They ended up havcing me come in for another u/s and the baby was still doing fine, had a heartbeat of 114 (low i know but better then the first one 104), but he was still doing well. Well i was cramping after the u/s and i didnt think anything of it casue well its a vaginal u/s and they can do that. Later monday night i went to the restroom and there was a TON of bright red blood - I just knew that was it. The u/s prob had just "jump started" my loss :( Why me - Is all i could think. There are soooo many horrible people out there yet MY kids are the ones that keep being taken from me. I belive I passed the baby early tuesday morning there was a "clot" that was decent size about 2 quarters one on top of the other in size. But it was translucent - None of my others were like that, and there was a liquid in it. I didnt think the amniotic fluid came till later ( i was only 8 weeks). My baby measured behind from teh get go though. I called my dr office again on tuesday and they said from the sound of it it sounds like i'm having a miscarriage - Well duh lady i knew that!!! So she wants me to come back Next Tuesday for yet ANOTHER u/s to check to make sure everything has cleared out and to check to make sure that its even a miscarriage. She must think i'm stupid? I guess i'm here to join you girls. We aren't trying again right now - Possibly in January but thats not even a for sure yet. I think its hard yet easy this time because just Monday i saw his/her little heart beating away, and not more then 6 hours later it was all ending :( But yet its easier to me this time becasue I did get to see the heartbeat twice, and I have 3 pics of him/her.

BeckyBozeman November 17th, 2011 03:05 PM

Re: Time to introduce myself

I'm so sorry Kayla...

geogeek November 17th, 2011 05:30 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. Welcome to the board. These ladies are wonderful.

plan4fate November 17th, 2011 08:13 PM

*HUGS*

i'm sorry to welcome you to our board.

yes it does sound like you've passed the gestational tissue. It's probably the worst part, being able to pin point what is supposed to grow into your baby. I lost a little girl in 2008 and I caught her in her sac with my hand and took it to my doctor for testing.

Are you going to have any testing done to see if there is a reason for your losses?

ZoeChloeMommy November 17th, 2011 08:42 PM

I am sorry that you are joining us.

Do you plan on having any testing done to see what the reason/s are for your losses?

ShesaDreamer November 18th, 2011 04:36 AM

I'm sorry you have to join us here.

Kayla0308 November 18th, 2011 06:06 AM

Thanks for being so welcoming. Yea Mark and I have talked about going to the dr before we start trying this next time to see if anything can be done to prevent it. This next kid we have will be the last so I'm not sure if its worth it to get tested, Maybe just hope for the best. But i know he wont want to do that he'd rather know something is wrong then take the risk of losing me during pregnancy or labor. I'm begining to think this was my fault. I kept changing the litterbox, even though i knew i shouldnt. But Mark would forget and the last thing I wanted was the cat messing all over my carpet :( Maybe i'm to blame for this loss.

ShesaDreamer November 18th, 2011 06:38 AM

Oh sweetie. Don't blame yourself. Never blame yourself. :dothug: My last loss was due to a placental abruption because I rode rollercoasters on vacation because I didn't realize I was pregnant. It took me a long time to get over that. But I finally stopped blaming myself, even though I know it was my actions that caused it I do not blame myself for what happened. And chances are if you washed your hands afterward you weren't affected anyway. If you want to talk you can feel free to PM me anytime. :heart:

Kayla0308 November 18th, 2011 08:50 AM

Yea i always washed my hands, and did my best to keep my nose and mouth coverd so I didnt smell it, but ....I donno i just wish I knew why this kept happening.

LisaB November 18th, 2011 10:48 AM

Sweetie I'm so sorry to have to welcome you to the board. :dothug:

I owned cats all my life, changed the litterbox I don't know how many thousands of times... when we went through fertility testing, they tested me for toxoplasmosis because apparently you build natural immunity if exposed. In all those years, I'd apparently never been exposed. I think toxoplasmosis infection is fairly rare. Don't beat yourself up about it! I used to think my miscarriages were my fault too, but unfortunately they are common. Just like you I saw heartbeats in all but one of them, because it was too early. My m/c's were caused by genetically defective eggs. We had a karyotype performed on one of my miscarriages, which is how we found out. It tends to happen more as you get older and also after you have children. Or so I've heard.

I hope you find out what is causing your m/c's (if anything) and are reading your positive pregnancy test in January!

plan4fate November 18th, 2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayla0308 (Post 25208572)
Thanks for being so welcoming. Yea Mark and I have talked about going to the dr before we start trying this next time to see if anything can be done to prevent it. This next kid we have will be the last so I'm not sure if its worth it to get tested, Maybe just hope for the best. But i know he wont want to do that he'd rather know something is wrong then take the risk of losing me during pregnancy or labor. I'm begining to think this was my fault. I kept changing the litterbox, even though i knew i shouldnt. But Mark would forget and the last thing I wanted was the cat messing all over my carpet :( Maybe i'm to blame for this loss.

*HUGS*

Like Liz, my last loss was also "my fault". Same reason too, Placenta pulled away. But I'd fallen on an icy sidewalk in the middle of a sleet storm, nearly destroyed my knee in the process. I didn't know I was pregnant and I was approaching 9 weeks.

I know what you mean about it being your last and not sure if you want to have the testing done. DH and I have talked about this ourselves as we are only planning on one baby (I'm hoping for two), buy he would rather go into it knowing what's going on, than be in the dark. If we have a single loss beyond 6 weeks we'll go for testing, mainly the clotting disorders (my father had almost no natural platelets) because that can cause me health risks too.

esparando para bebé November 19th, 2011 09:06 AM

*hugs* I'm so sorry for your losses. I'm Augie, the other co-host here. DH and I have have four losses and have pretty much given up on having a biological child.