JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   A PSA announcement regarding FRER tests.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2450863-psa-announcement-regarding-frer-tests.html)

plan4fate November 18th, 2011 03:04 PM

A PSA announcement regarding FRER tests....

We've all heard that they're the best right?

Well the newest design of the FRER for most, a line appears regardless if you're pregnant or not, and it will go away after a few minutes or a few hours. It can be white, or pink, or go from one to the other back to white.

If you are TTC and want to test early, Please do not use a FRER or Answer Early (made by same company) until you've seen a positive on another test or AF is late. I don't want your hearts to break with their design saying "YES" for an hour and then "HA just kidding" a bit later. According to FRER the line will last 48 hours if it's indeed a positive....

What I have noticed is the lines that fade with in a few hours do not show on an Inverted picture. But to me you shouldn't have to play with a visible line, just the ones you really have to squint at hard.

I love you ladies to pieces, I don't want you to deal with the confusion that *I* had to last week.

Addaboy November 19th, 2011 03:53 PM

Re: A PSA announcement regarding FRER tests....

Ah, that would explain some confusing months. Good to know....because now I know I am not crazy.

plan4fate November 19th, 2011 03:58 PM

no you totally aren't!

Next cycle I may chronicle a FRER test... my camera takes multiple shots.. it should easily capture the BS that they're passing off as a hpt!

LisaB November 20th, 2011 10:26 PM

OMG, seriously?! Whose brilliant idea was that I wonder. :mad:

plan4fate November 20th, 2011 10:58 PM

probably cheaper to make this way, but yet they keep going up in price! They're not even the most sensitive out there anymore, you can get IC's that are as low as 10mul!

stargatemommy November 21st, 2011 10:12 AM

Yeah, you can actually see the line BEFORE you pee on the test!

geogeek November 21st, 2011 10:33 AM

I never had problems with them, but then again, I usually used an IC first before the FRER.

plan4fate November 21st, 2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogeek (Post 25222007)
I never had problems with them, but then again, I usually used an IC first before the FRER.

That's what people are recomending. And most IC's these days are 10 or 20 mul's where FRER are 25's...

Servilia November 24th, 2011 08:17 PM

I feel for you US ladies. I've used both the US tests and the ones First Response sells here in Canada, and the Canadian ones are 1000% better. I've only had an indent line once or twice on the ones here, but when I went to the US I picked up some tests and they were pretty bad..

plan4fate November 24th, 2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servilia (Post 25238542)
I feel for you US ladies. I've used both the US tests and the ones First Response sells here in Canada, and the Canadian ones are 1000% better. I've only had an indent line once or twice on the ones here, but when I went to the US I picked up some tests and they were pretty bad..

I bet that's why I'm noticing a difference now when the tests were changed 2 years ago.. I've always used Canadian ones! *makes note to stock up next time I get home*