JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Back from my check up (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2452661-back-my-check-up.html)

Kayla0308 November 22nd, 2011 02:15 PM

Back from my check up

Well I had my post miscarriage check up this morning. I guess it went okay. They did tell me that there is still a sac measuring at 4w4d, and there is still some fluid in there as well. She said I may have to have a D&C done and I'm kinda scared cause with both of my previous miscarriages I didnt have to have that. What happens if I choose not to go in? I can wait it out she said and see if anything happens on its own, but if nothing by monday she wants me to call her and I would assume set up the D&C at the hospital :( I'm worried cause i've never done it before, i dont even know what it is they do in that or how much pain i'm gonna be in or anything like that.

sandel07 November 22nd, 2011 06:58 PM

Re: Back from my check up

I honestly would rather have a D & C than to wait it out.
With my first loss I had extremely heavy bleeding, went to the ER and an emergency D & C. With the second loss I had bleeding for 4 weeks before my doctor decided to do the D & C. For me the procedure is very simple, they put me under I wake within in what seems like minutes and it is over, I had absolutely no pain and a lil spotting afterward, thats it and it was over.
With these last 3 losses my doctors have decided to just monitor my levels back to 'normal', less than 5. Losses 3 and 4 took 4 months + to get back to normal, this one is probably going to take 3 months.

ShesaDreamer November 23rd, 2011 05:22 AM

I've never had a d&c My body has always taken care of it on it's own. But I know that some women prefer the d&c because it's over faster.

esparando para bebé November 23rd, 2011 06:40 AM

I've never had a D&C. I think it differs emotionally though. Like Elizabeth said, some women prefer it while others find it harder emotionally.

Addaboy November 23rd, 2011 06:43 AM

I know the scared feeling. If I have another m/c, the dr wants to do a d&c so he can run tests on it. You would think after having 2 c-sections that any procedure would be easy for me but I have a hard time thinking of what may come. ((HUGS))

Kayla0308 November 23rd, 2011 12:00 PM

Thanks girls - I think I may just call the dr and see if she can schedule a d&c for friday :(

LisaB November 23rd, 2011 01:00 PM

Sorry sweetie :(

I had a D&C with m/c #3. It was by choice since I wanted a karyotype. The doctors and nurses were REALLY nice, and the entire experience was actually positive, since everyone knew I'd had a miscarriage and was very sensitive and kind. I'll never forget the conversation I had with one of the nurses, who's dad had just died. I'm sure my baby and his dad are good friends in Heaven now. The RE who performed the procedure was the same RE who had done my IUIs, so it was nice that I didn't get a stranger, but even if I had I'm sure he/she would have been well informed of the situation just like all the rest of the strangers working on me during the procedure.

Please don't worry about the D&C. They give you medication to relax you (conscious sedation), and you'll barely even remember the procedure. I don't remember any pain, just some mild cramping like menstrual cramps prior to the procedure starting when they dilated my cervix. If it comes to a D&C, you'll be just fine, I promise!

ZoePaigesMommy November 23rd, 2011 05:43 PM

:dothug: