JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Finally getting up the nerve to post here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2454997-finally-getting-up-nerve-to-post-here.html)

*JenJen* November 28th, 2011 05:06 PM

Finally getting up the nerve to post here

I'm jennifer, wife to jeremy, and we've been ttc #1 for 4+ years with multiple losses. I have PCOS and Endo, DH has basically zero sperm count postVR, so we moved on to TTC with donor sperm this year. Our first cycle was April/May and resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, which we lost at 6.5 weeks. We attempted to cycle again in August, and had to cancel the cycle due to overstimulation and early LH surge, and went back to our previous protocol in September and got another BFP @10dpo...and at 15DPO diagnosed with a chemical pregnancy.

We're currently waiting on the results of karyotyping for me and a complete blood panel workup. I'm 4 weeks out from the blood draw today and expecting results sometime this week from my doctor. We're hoping to cycle again in February, but using a different donor and femara instead of clomid this time, but all this is up in the air until all our test results are in.

I'll admit I am completely terrified of the results. Terrified that we'll not get answers as to why we're having losses, but also terrified that we'll get an answer and the only option will to be continue on the path we are on and hope that we'll get lucky at some point or move to IVF....I think this wait for the results has been worse than any 2ww we've been through so far.

plan4fate November 28th, 2011 07:24 PM

Re: Finally getting up the nerve to post here

*HUGS*

Welcome Jen. I've followed your story on TTCwMA for quite a while and My heart broke for you both times. I'm sorry that you've had to come join us here, but we're glad to have you as long as you need us.

I'm Ashley, I'm 28 and I've had 8 lossses, with 10 total angels. 5 chemicals and 3 post 8 week losses, two of which were twins). I have reasons for my losses, most of them were while I was using hormonal birth control and had little lining. I'm newly Married and we will be TTC sometime in 2013 as it looks, and i'm very nervous.

Kayla0308 November 28th, 2011 07:34 PM

Hello, I'm sorry you have to join us here on this board. But we are glad to have you. I can't really comment on what you going through with your conciving issues, I dont know anything about it. But I hope when you guys are ready you do get your rainbow baby~

Im Kayla 25, I've had 3 losses - Most recent one started on my birthday on the 14th. Mark and I aren''t agreeing on when we want to try again. He wants to wait till May and I'm ready to try again in Jan.

LisaB November 28th, 2011 09:12 PM

Welcome and hugs. I'm sorry for your long struggle and multiple losses, TTC is such a treacherous road. Like the other women here, it's a scenario we're all too familiar with :( I'm Lisa, 6 losses, and three rainbow babies.

I hope that the blood panel reveals the potential issues and that you can then make an informed decision moving forward. That's what happened with us - 3 miscarriages, then we did a karyotype on the placenta itself which told us the baby had genetic errors. Did one more IUI which resulted in m/c like the others. We then tried IVF so we could screen the embryos via PGD. Worked like a charm!

*JenJen* November 29th, 2011 06:42 AM

thanks for the welcome.

Ashley, I remember seeing you around in various places.
Kayla, good luck with finding a date you can agree on.
Lisa, I remember you from when you were on TTCMA going through IVF for your girls. Your story definitely gives me hope.

ZoePaigesMommy November 29th, 2011 07:45 AM

I am sorry you had to join us here. :dothug:

geogeek November 29th, 2011 09:45 AM

A sad but warm welcome to the board Jen. You know I have been following you for years. I pray that the blood work comes back and you have answers.

esparando para bebé November 29th, 2011 01:26 PM

:dothug: A sad, but warm welcome to the board.

Dh and I have had four losses. It is suspected we have a genetic issue somewhere (testing was normal.) After our fourth losses we were hit with outright infertility. January will be two years without a pregnancy. I have hostile CM and DH has poor morphology. We did several Clomid cycles (three with trigger) and two IUIs with no luck. We're now moving toward adoption and NTNP.

ShesaDreamer November 29th, 2011 06:07 PM

Hello. I remember you from TTCwMA. I'm Elizabeth I've got one DD Angelica and 5 Angels. One at 6.5 weeks, ectopic twins, a chemical and one loss at somewhere around 12-13 weeks. I'm sorry that we have to welcome you to this board. I hope your tests come back good and that you get your sticky bean very soon. :dothug:

MountainMomma November 29th, 2011 07:13 PM

Jennifer, I am so sorry you have had to join us here. I followed your story for a long time, and then took a break from JM. Last I knew, you had gotten your BFP. I am so sorry to hear that you have now had to join us. I hope that you have a sticky bean very soon!

*JenJen* November 29th, 2011 07:50 PM

thanks ladies.

Steph, sadly way too many times have we gotten our bfp and then had the nightmare. We thought moving on to a donor was going to fix everything, but apparently not.

MountainMomma November 30th, 2011 01:35 PM

I completely understand that. We have had 8 losses at this point (that we know of) but we also have not tested at all in over a year. There have been "late" periods, that I wonder about, but since the doctors are unable to give me any answers, I have decided I don't want to know if there are any more. I just can't do it anymore.