JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   Cycles out of whack (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2636145-cycles-out-whack.html)

balst19 March 19th, 2013 06:05 PM

Cycles out of whack

Hi ladies,

I know this is not a TTC board so let me know if I should not be asking my question here. You all have just been so supportive and I would love your input.

My husband and I are all over the place about whether or not to TTC again soon, but I have been tracking my cycles just so that I know what is going on. After my first loss at 39 weeks, AF didn't show until 11 weeks PP. My first cycle I O'd on CD 21, AF after 10 day LP. Second cycle I O'd on CD 17, AF after 11 LP. Third cycle I O'd on CD 16 and ended up pregnant.

After my miscarriage at 17 weeks, AF returned after 5 weeks. During my first cycle I O'd on 18, AF after 8 day LP. I am currently in my 2nd cycle and am pretty sure I ovulated CD 19 and I don't know how long my LP will be.

I am concerned because I seemed to be ovulating later now and my LP is shorter than with my last loss. Any thoughts on this? I am not sure if I should talk to a doc about this or if it will sort itself out. I know my body has been through a lot in the last year!

Thanks girls.
Beth

plan4fate March 19th, 2013 09:53 PM

Re: Cycles out of whack

hmm.... you could try taking extra B6 complex to see if it helps your LP. Sometimes it can take a few cycles for your body to rebound after a loss, especially a later one.

I'd say if 3 cycles post loss your LP is still short, talk to your doctor. Can't hurt to ask them to run a CD 21 (or 7dpo if you're Oing late) progesterone test to see if something's off.

*hugs*

balst19 March 20th, 2013 05:52 AM

Thanks Ashley. I just started taking B6 so we will see if that has any impact on my LP. I'll give it some time and talk to my OB if things don't start to improve. I appreciate your input!

plan4fate March 20th, 2013 12:40 PM

Anytime!!!!!

I've taken and tried so much to improve my LP.... I think the only real change I saw was I went from a consistent 10day one to a 11/12 day one.

balst19 March 20th, 2013 05:01 PM

Has your LP always been short? Mine used to be normal but seems to be getting shorter. I have read about all kinds of things that I could try, but I am afraid to mess around with too much stuff incase I get pregnant.

plan4fate March 20th, 2013 07:33 PM

I'm honestly not sure. I've been single or just dating most of my life, so I'd be on and off the pill. My cycle was always 28-30 days.. nothing out of the ordinary.

But after we got married I came off the pill (that night actually LOL, even though we weren't planning on ttc until 2013). Started charting then, and it's been an uphill battle since.